More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust Empty
PostSubject: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:32 am

A somber 60 Minutes segment on the Holocaust. Lara Logan reports on a Catholic priest who's in search of Hitler's secret killing fields.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hidden-holocaust-60-minutes/

Perhaps the most chilling words from an eyewitness account: "For 3 days the ground moved. Some [victims] were still alive."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:41 am

The Krauts got off easily. Apparently having 1/4 of Germany drive shitty cars for 45 years was sufficient penance.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:55 pm

What went on in Europe, out east, can never be fully comprehended. A book I recommend reading if ever in the mood is "Hitler's Furies" by Wendy Lower or "Bloodlands". Babies thrown off clifftops along with their mothers, working out which corpses will quicken the fires at Treblinka...Chilling does not begin to cover it. You feel the need to shower.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:11 am

What's interesting about this priest's work is that he's uncovering graves that were never on record. Thousands of people that were murdered and forgotten until now. Incredibly sad.

It makes you wonder if the reported 6 million deaths was a conservative estimate.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

I imagine it is a conservative estimate. We'll never know how many Russians died fighting for sure and I imagine it'd be the same for the Holocaust. Such a wide area to cover and in territories with long memories.

Like the priest says, wherever there were Jews, the Nazis weren't going to stop. They even tallied up the number in the UK if I'm not mistaken. Such a massive thing to get your head around though all the same -mass graves, ravines, camps, forests, woods...and not just by the Einsatzgruppen themselves but locals as well.

A noble endeavour by the priest and an emotionally heavy one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust   60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust Empty

Back to top Go down

60 Minutes: The Hidden Holocaust
Page 1 of 1