More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?

Go down 
+5
bitchcraft
Hilly
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? Empty
PostSubject: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 10:27 am

I've got two tickets booked so far. I watched SF 4 times in cinemas… I imagine I'll get to that with SP too.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:58 am

I chalked up 3 for both QOS and Skyfall, so I'd imagine SPECTRE will be the same.

Must say, I had a good experience with Monday night's audience ... they laughed at the gags but during the likes of the scenes where Bond attends the SPECTRE meeting/confronts Mr White, you could've heard a pin drop.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Likely twice. First screening will be with my cousin and the second will be with my folks. That's how I did that for SF.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Indeed, likely twice. I did for Skyfall largely for an unobstructed second view but also as I liked it first time round. Same for CR but funnily, not for TWINE, DAD or QOS. Largely as round our way they never lasted long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Probably twice in the cinema.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 9:38 pm

With the many luke-warm reviews on here and in the media, I'm actually on the fence about seeing it in the theater at all. I mean, I probably will, but I'm not super-excited about it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Only three members here have seen SPECTRE and not liked it. Three others saw it and enjoyed it…
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Only three members here have seen SPECTRE and not liked it. Three others saw it and enjoyed it…

That's Jason's way of telling you a 50% poor rating is an endorsement.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Given what's left of us here, I'll be surprised if we have a dozen who've seen it in total.

What a letdown this site. Three years ago it was booming. It seemed like it would happen after it was revived from CULTURECIDE, but it just dropped again.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
What a letdown this site. Three years ago it was booming. It seemed like it would happen after it was revived from CULTURECIDE, but it just dropped again.

I was thinking about this (again) on Monday, with the premiere being live-streamed. There wasn't a fucking soul on this site. big laugh

It's time to the close the doors, lock up and flush the keys down the toilet. This site is shot.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Control wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

I was thinking about this (again) on Monday, with the premiere being live-streamed. There wasn't a fucking soul on this site. big laugh

It's time to the close the doors, lock up and flush the keys down the toilet. This site is shot.

Yep. Record breaking crowds in Britain but only a trickle of traffic here.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 pm

No reason why this site can't continue if we can find an influx of new members from somewhere. Send word out, advertise here and there, perhaps contact some old members and tempt (beg) them to return.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Control wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Perhaps. We can't keep going round and round like mindless buffalo trying to figure out ways of reviving it or hoping Lazenby or even M returns to give keys to someone. This self-analysis that happens from time to time was all right after MI6 went bottoms up but we're past that of action. Post Mortems are for funerals. And if BaBs goes the way of the Titanic, that's it. I won't hitch my wagon to a fresh forum or nMI6.

As I told someone who decided to PM me from nMI6, it's a bloody embarassament and a joke.

End.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:38 pm

I'll only leave when everyone has left or if this forum gets nuked. There's still interesting people here that aren't to be found on other Bond pads.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

That's Jason's way of telling you a 50% poor rating is an endorsement.

Actually it's a way to suggest that 50% of people had liked it, and 50% didn't - one should make up their own mind.

I'm with MP and CJB on this… Happy to stick around until I can't access it anymore. In terms of trying to find new blood, whoever is managing the Facebook page should make use of hashtags - as lame as it sounds. It'll help connect the place to other people interested in #SPECTRE, #DanielCraig #JamesBond, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 1:03 am

I'm intrigued to know who runs the FB page. Shows what I know.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 am

Me.

And you're right about the hashtags. I don't even make use of them on social media myself, so it never occurs to me. Better remedy that.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Ah, sorry Python, didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 am

Second viewing on Friday afternoon, enjoyed it immensely again.

I'll go at least once more.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Second viewing on Friday afternoon, enjoyed it immensely again.

I'll go at least once more.  

Good to hear that it holds up on a second viewing!

9 days to go here in Oz… Who's counting...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:32 am

God knows I'm not the most analytical reviewer in the world ... I'm not blessed with the smarts to be, apart from anything else. And SPECTRE, admittedly, isn't Skyfall ... everyone involved 'knocked it out of the park' on that in an immensely satisfying way for the 50th anniversary film.

But by God, it's a bloody entertaining 2-and-a-half hours at the movies ... easily Craig's most 'traditional' Bond film by a long chalk, and full of things that will make longtime Bond fans grin happily. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:43 am

True that. Damned if I know though when I'll get visit no.2 in. Christmas working hours kicking in soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:44 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
SPECTRE, admittedly, isn't Skyfall.

That's what I don't understand. What was the point of making a solid adult film like Skyfall and then reverting to the shit for 12-year-olds next time round? Maybe this change in tone is how OHMSS lovers felt when they saw DAF - from fairly straight thriller to dark comedy reinvention.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:37 am

It's not so odd that I can appreciate both Skyfall and SPECTRE, is it? There'll be a section of the fandom for whom the return of classic Bond tropes in SPECTRE will be an immense relief, I'd have thought.

I agree that Waltz is probably the Craig era's second least threatening baddie (dubious honour of the first must go to Dominic Greene). But Bautista compensates.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:18 pm

I don't imagine it's odd at all, BI… At least for those who aren't too cynical and try to appreciate life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next