More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?

Go down 
+7
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Xenia93
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
bitchcraft
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Vote_lcap100%Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
No
Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Vote_lcap0%Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Empty
PostSubject: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:54 am

Did he impress?

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? 1413164457662

Last edited by bitchcraft on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:57 am

He impressed, and probably the best part of the film. He had a presence and his thumbnails were a surprise.

Though I voted yes, I'm not sure if he'd be an Oddjob or Jaws, maybe a May Day or Onatopp. Will wait for a future viewing. Definitely part of the Craig era iconography, though.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:39 am

He certainly should be. Hinx is the most menacing and convincing henchman in the Bond series. During the train punchup, you really thought Bond, despite his incredible toughness, was overmatched and done for.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:46 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
He certainly should be. Hinx is the most menacing and convincing henchman in the Bond series. During the train punchup, you really thought Bond, despite his incredible toughness, was overmatched and done for.

Yup, the fact that I had the thought, "damn, is Bond going to make it out of this." Of course he was going to make it, it's a Bond movie, but the fact that that thought flashed through my mind is a testament to Hinx's presence and to just how awesome that fight scene was.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:54 am

Perhaps the most ruthless henchman since Necros or Jaws. Bautista did well.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 am

FieldsMan wrote:
He impressed, and probably the best part of the film. He had a presence and his thumbnails were a surprise.

Though I voted yes, I'm not sure if he'd be an Oddjob or Jaws, maybe a May Day or Onatopp. Will wait for a future viewing. Definitely part of the Craig era iconography, though.

So I didn't imagine that his thumbnails were long and appeared filed in order to gouge people's eyes out....hmmm. Because when I first saw him kill Blofeld's challenger, I thought "Hmmm, cool. Maybe he is a henchman with a memorable idiosyncrasy." And then I don't remember seeing him use that again. It's like it got dropped halfway through. So then I thought I had made a mistake, but clearly other people caught that as well.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:38 am

I hope they actually bring him back. Sure, it would be absurd that he lived after falling off a train, but he also survived a lot of other things a la Jaws. Easily the best henchman we've had in a long time, and would be totally pleasing to see him turn up again.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Xenia93 wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Yup, the fact that I had the thought, "damn, is Bond going to make it out of this." Of course he was going to make it, it's a Bond movie, but the fact that that thought flashed through my mind is a testament to Hinx's presence and to just how awesome that fight scene was.

Indeed. And this fight provided one of the few instances in the series where one saw genuine fear in Bond's eyes. Bond was literally throwing everything he had at Hinx, but the this relentless force of nature continued his pursuit. Hinx was like a Terminator, but without the Teutonic aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I hope they actually bring him back. Sure, it would be absurd that he lived after falling off a train, but he also survived a lot of other things a la Jaws. Easily the best henchman we've had in a long time, and would be totally pleasing to see him turn up again.

If Blofeld can survive being dropped down a 200-foot smokestack, all is possible.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

If Blofeld can survive being dropped down a 200-foot smokestack, all is possible.

"You must be joking!"
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

"You must be joking!"

No, Ms. Fearing, I'm not.

wink

I never joke about my Bond.

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? E595910eec85d91dce026e8fb7820e3d
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Okay, so if CR-SP are prequels to Dr. No, and Bond gave Blofeld his scar, then why does Blofeld feel it necessary to introduce himself in YOLT? And why don't they recognize each other in OHMSS? And why is Q introducing the same old Aston Martin in GF? And now we already know - as PK points out - where and when Blofeld will die (except he doesn't - he returns to menace Bond in NSNA, the other film where Bond announces his retirement)...

My brain! My brain! cry more shake head w00t
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Okay, so if CR-SP are prequels to Dr. No

They're not. How could they be? Completely different periods.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:01 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Okay, so if CR-SP are prequels to Dr. No, and Bond gave Blofeld his scar, then why does Blofeld feel it necessary to introduce himself in YOLT? And why don't they recognize each other in OHMSS? And why is Q introducing the same old Aston Martin in GF? And now we already know - as PK points out - where and when Blofeld will die (except he doesn't - he returns to menace Bond in NSNA, the other film where Bond announces his retirement)...

My brain! My brain! cry more  shake head w00t

Best not get into this debate… Even in the 60s/70s things don't add up. Namely: Why Blofeld doesn't recognise Bond in OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Define Irony:

When people don't recognize when someone is trying to be ironic.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:17 am

Perhaps Dr. No is actually Bond's cousin?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 am

Charmain Bond is actually Rosa Klebb, and she's getting revenge on Bond for not stripping his bed before he went to Eton.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:23 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Charmain Bond is actually Rosa Klebb, and she's getting revenge on Bond for not stripping his bed before he went to Eton.

Don't let Jez Butterworth read that. He might try using it for the next film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 am

Bond hires a Scottish maid named May to take care of his flat, then finds out she's really Irma Bunt.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:31 am

I liked him, the scenes he was in were quite good, but I don't know if I'd call him classic.

The main issue is that he was severely underused. I also dislike how they ditched his nail trait after one use. Would have been interesting to see to try to choke or gouge Bond with it. Or at least kill a few more people that way.

In any other Bond film I think he would have made a classic henchman. But with a weak main villain he is really given very little to do or has very little chance to make a huge impact in the film. With that said, he is, by far, the best henchman in quite some time. I can't really think of anyone notable from the Dalton, Brosnan or Craig films that could rival him.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:37 am

He does try to use the nail trait on Bond during the train fight when he gets a hold of Bond's head from behind.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:52 am

How does Hinx wipe his ass with razor-nails?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:01 am

More toilet paper for padding.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:41 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

Unless they have him use the thumbnails a bit more than in SP, I'm not sure he should come back. I'd rather not have Hinx become the comic relief in the film like Jaws did in MR. Plus, his ending is all tied up in SP - pun absolutely intended.

Less is more.

Good to see that Hinx is virtually universally liked.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:47 am

I doubt they'll take a more farcical approach, at least I hope. I don't think the next one needs him, but it would be kind of a treat to see him pop up again, maybe being the guy that helps Blofeld break out of jail. That's loyalty Sanchez wish he had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next