These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Favourite scene in SPECTRE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lachesis
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favourite scene in SPECTRE   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

lachesis wrote:
The pts tracking shot is a wonderful mechanism for drawings the viewer in and really works well....but that aside I find the PTS a mess, disjointed and stupid in the way it pretty much makes Bond more of a danger to innocent lives than his enemies

But is it any different to the tank chase in GE?

I think you're right though in that SF's PTS is much more engaging. But I still think rather highly of the SP PTS, even if you have to suspend your disbelief a bit more. The flaws have become more apparent on repeated viewings. Still, better than what comes after it.

Maybe I am being unfair but given the overall tone and presentation it does feel different and equally there is a different impetus to the objective in each case, Bond racing to rescue the damsel in distress as opposed to Bond just attacking someone in case they might possibly be thinking of doing something bad (oddly it is the entire plot of QoS in PTS form and still feels wholly unsatisfactory)...later undermined still further by the reveal of the stupidest 'message from the past' in the history of stupidly conceived past messages.

It all comes to the balance of the movie and imo that is one of SP major failings.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favourite scene in SPECTRE   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 pm

'Might possibly be thinking' of doing something bad? He overhears them explicitly plotting to bomb a packed stadium!
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favourite scene in SPECTRE   Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

But doesn't he actually kill the bombers themselves (certainly there is no hint Bond thinks of anyone else being involved). He already has the next location to check out, the ring identity check is beyond lame (and is rightly proven so) making his descision making with the Helicopter seem more inept and reckless than actually justified because that helicopter crashing into the square below was a potential explosion in its own right.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favourite scene in SPECTRE   Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 am

I think it's a given that James Bond will end up at the Hague one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite scene in SPECTRE   

Back to top Go down

Favourite scene in SPECTRE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: