More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Ideal James Bond Fan Site

Go down 
+2
Makeshift Python
Control
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Ideal James Bond Fan Site Empty
PostSubject: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:03 am

What would a Bond fan site need in order to get you to visit on a daily basis?

Recycled AP articles related to Bond? Original articles relating the films and books to current issues? Original interviews? A 24/7 live feed of Helga's bedroom?

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:18 am

For me it's interesting people with a unique and diverse look at Bond. This site still has a few, otherwise I wouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 3:23 am

News articles relating to James Bond, really. Stuff relating to past/present cast members, the new Bond film, new reviews of books and films - just new content.

Are you thinking of starting a fan site?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:30 pm

I think an ongoing effort to gather news, links and articles (even if its recycled), over time accumulating enough volume that it ends up becoming the one stop shop for all info Bond and is always growing and multiplying the material that can spark debate....the community then kind of follows (albeit by no means guaranteed a good one as imdb often proves).

While I agree with Ambler re contribution the other aspect is new blood or new ideas, you do need a casual presence to weave in and out of the regulars - a regular set of contributors is a double edged sword on the one hand you have a reliable community but on the other you can become too much of a 'clique' (to the extent you exclude other) and internally you do get to the stage where you already know exactly the answer you'll get to anything you may ask or note.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:25 am

lachesis wrote:
I think an ongoing effort to gather news, links and articles (even if its recycled), over time accumulating enough volume that it ends up becoming the one stop shop for all info Bond and is always growing and multiplying the material that can spark debate....the community then kind of follows (albeit by no means guaranteed a good one as imdb often proves).

I think engaging, thought-provoking material would lead to quality discussions.

But, there's the major problem that Ambler mentioned: the people that consume but don't produce. A fan site could feature some of the best articles on the subject of James Bond, but if no one bothers to carry on a discussion about them, then it doesn't really matter. In that case, you'd be better off scrolling through Bond news on Facebook.

FieldsMan wrote:
Are you thinking of starting a fan site?  

I had the idea of collecting articles (probably on a bi-monthly basis) from Bond fans and bloggers for a "main site" and then creating a companion site (a forum) where the articles and any other general topics could be discussed by registered members.

It'd be interesting, but could prove to be more trouble than it's worth.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 2:15 am

Didn't we once float the idea of having a blog or something attached to this forum?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Sound idea Brown. Like Ambler says we need more do-er's than whatnot. I don't mind contributing. Last time I did something about OHMSS it got yanked. Student papers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal James Bond Fan Site   The Ideal James Bond Fan Site Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ideal James Bond Fan Site
Page 1 of 1