More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Dilemma Thread

Go down 
3 posters

Should I keep the Champers for myself?
Yes
The Dilemma Thread Vote_lcap100%The Dilemma Thread Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
No
The Dilemma Thread Vote_lcap0%The Dilemma Thread Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:42 pm

In rather serious developments in the land of horrible wealth inequality that is Australia, I have purchased a bottle of Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2006 for a fantastic coworker who I will no longer be working with next year.

The problem is I want it for myself, and on my measly government pension, I cannot really afford one for myself unless I forgo a 21st in Mosman on Saturday (which I rather would like to go to, both because it's a good friend's and it's bound to be doozy as fuck) or my holiday in January.

Can i get away with replacing the Moet with a decent $25 of Brown Brothers Sparkling?
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Or alternatively, substituting it with the bottle of South African sparkling they were giving away for free at the Bottle-O last month?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Vesper wrote:

Can i get away with replacing the Moet with a decent $25 of Brown Brothers Sparkling?

Not at a Mosman party you won't. Keep the expensive hooch, shaft the coworker with the cheap stuff.

P.S. I might be in Mosman on Saturday as my missus lives there, so I'll see you at the party, Richter.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 pm

No the Mosman party has provided alcohol. Naturally.

And my pricing factors in buying an appropriately priced present for *that* person as well.

This is purely for my own benefit to someone else's detriment. Hence the dilemma.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Also coworker is a bit misleading. We also lived on college together for three years.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Ah, I see. I'd still say you could get away with giving your friend the cheaper booze. I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on a platonic friend.

Then again, I'm a bit of a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Vesper wrote:

I'm sorry, but to hell with the coworker. Keep it for yourself.

Endorse them on LinkedIn in a couple of months and I'm sure they'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dilemma Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dilemma Thread   The Dilemma Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dilemma Thread
Page 1 of 1