More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?

Go down 
+11
Blunt Instrument
lachesis
tiffanywint
Hilly
Moore
G section
Control
Jack Wade
Walecs
CJB
bitchcraft
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 am

Yeah, if we cut the entire Mads-is-Drunk scene in SPECTRE, it would have easily been 10 minutes shorter.

On a more serious note, if it's a good story - like SF - then I don't mind a longer running time. But, I guess there is a reason why some of the best Bond films are from 110 minutes to 120 minutes.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:03 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Yeah, if we cut the entire Mads-is-Drunk scene in SPECTRE

The wha?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:48 pm

The scene where Madeleine and Bond are in L'Americain and she says "if you come anywhere near me I'll kill you"... That scene. Such an empty scene and it drags.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Ah, that one.

I'd wager that she woke up with a throbbing headache, a parched throat, and mysterious cum stains on her PJs.
Back to top Go down
dalton
Cipher Clerk
dalton

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
dalton wrote:
I think he's done well enough in that department when the material has been up to par.  I believed the Bond/Vesper romance, even if it was a bit truncated in favor of some Brosnan Era action in the first half of the film.  

The material he had to work with in Spectre was abysmal, but I found I was at least able, on a first viewing, to believe the romance, but mainly because Seydoux was so good.  Craig seemed to be on autopilot throughout Spectre with what I thought was easily his weakest performance as Bond to date.  

Agreed that he was weak in SPECTRE, but that's also probably just a symptom of the overall troubled production. Craig doesn't seem in his element giving off lame-one-liners like "I was taking some overdue holiday". Craig works best when he's being serious; one of the rare times I laughed in SPECTRE was when Monica Bellucci tells Craig: "Can't you see I'm in mourning?" and he thinks about it then coldly says "No."

I'd have to lay a good portion of the blame for that at Craig's feet, though. He is one of the main creative forces behind the films these days, surely he had a big hand in deciding to go in the more humorous direction. I would imagine that, if he had wanted to keep the films more in line with his previous work, they would have done so.

The material is indeed awful, but I thought some of the other actors did a better job of overcoming it. I thought Seydoux was very good, as was Fiennes and, surprisingly, Whishaw. I didn't get that same feeling from Craig who is, usually, the best thing about his Bond films.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:53 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Every Blofeld that came before was better, and that includes NSNA. There's just no meat on the bone in this film. Waltz is totally wasted. Like a lot of other films out there these days, SPECTRE is too busy trying to set up BOND25 rather than make a great BOND-24.

You're so right.

Charles Gray was a better Blofeld, simply because he was written as a colorful character. FACT.

Shame, too, as Waltz is such a phenomenal actor. What a waste, as you said.
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:18 am

I bought the blu-ray recently and I kind of felt disappointed by the lack of good extras... I wish there was a videoblog about the scoring sessions instead of the one promoting Sam Smith's song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 12:25 pm

GreatKenji wrote:
I bought the blu-ray recently and I kind of felt disappointed by the lack of good extras... I wish there was a videoblog about the scoring sessions instead of the one promoting Sam Smith's song.
TBH these days it seems youtube is a better place for film extras than most DVD/Blu's.....at least till Google cotton on and start hiding it behind a paywall.
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Indeed fella, this is better than all the extra content found in the blu-ray release...

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?   Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who dislikes SPECTRE but is getting the blu-ray/dvd anyway?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2