More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!

Go down 
+5
Righty007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Lazenby.
Fort Knox
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! Empty
PostSubject: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:58 am

New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! Moc

Many of you will have heard about Charles Helfenstein's exhaustive new tome detailing the making of the classic 1969 Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. A must-have book for fans of the film, even at £46.00! Not convinced? Then take a look at the book's mini-site, which grants access to a selection of 25 of the 600+ photographs from the book; many of the photographs are previously unseen. Link to mini-site: http://www.ohmss.info/slideshow.html

The mini-site also contains sample pages from the book, as well as a selection of glowing press reviews the book has received, plus a tantalising glimpse at some of the many questions surrounding OHMSS to which this book contains the answers.....

Available now, you can order the book here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0984412603?tag=macintoshdvd-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0984412603&adid=1M03WQN27KJX225QKBMV&

New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! News1
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Damn, I need £46 from somewhere QUICK. :x
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Man alive, £46. Maybe I can sell a kidney or something.

The book does look magnificent, though I guess it helps if you like OHMSS and everything attached to it. Liked some of those pictures in the sample gallery. Good one of Lazenby in a white shirt with Rigg just looking at the camera.

£46... :pale:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:54 pm

I couldn't believe there'd be so many photos kept unseen until now, heck the film's been out for over 40 years. I also love the section on the site with all those questions the book promises to answer as well. There must be so many fascinating little revelations and odd little things I didn't know of. Damn, I HAVE to have this book. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:49 am

This looks great! Can't wait to get it. As long as it's not over 100 AUD. :pirat:
Back to top Go down
Righty007

Righty007

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 am

My review from Amazon.com:
Quote :
It is my understanding that the James Bond series' long-time editor Peter Hunt was once promised directorial duties for 1967's 'You Only Live Twice' (YOLT) starring Sean Connery. When the producers decided to hire Lewis Gilbert to helm the picture instead, Mr. Hunt was promised the next one. At some point during the production of YOLT, Sean Connery became disillusioned with the series and decided to retire from the role that made him an international superstar. When it was Peter Hunt's turn to direct 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' (OHMSS), one important thing was missing...a star to play the legendary spy!

Nearly everybody in the industrialized world has seen at least one James Bond film in their lifetime but not everybody knows the amount of work and drama that goes on during the production of these films. THE MAKING OF ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE by Charles Helfenstein meticulously chronicles the story of how the most underappreciated entry in the James Bond film series went from being a 1963 novel by Ian Fleming to an 140 minute feature film starring an unknown Australian actor named George Lazenby as 007.

I've been a member of the online James Bond fan community for seven years now and whenever I hear the name Charles Helfenstein, I automatically think of the sixth James Bond film. His name is synonymous with this particular film because of his enormous passion and breadth of knowledge for all things relating to OHMSS. After years of painstaking research and by describing every major aspect of production and post-production, Mr. Helfenstein provides readers with the most comprehensive look at 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' ever produced. You could watch the DVD documentaries and/or read the film's Wikipedia article for information about OHMSS but those only provide you with 1% of the overall story. For the other 99%, you must read this book because Charles Helfenstein is the only living person capable of telling this unique and fascinating story.

I've been a Bond fan for nearly a decade and I used to buy a lot of James Bond reference books until I realized that the majority of them are crap. The really bad ones just recycle photographs and tidbits that I've heard repeated numerous times before. THE MAKING OF ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE is different because every single page is filled with information and photographs that I've never heard or seen before. I was astonished because prior to reading the book, I thought I knew everything there was to know about OHMSS. Wrong!

Some people have complained about the $54 price but after holding the book in my hands and giving it a thorough read, I can honestly tell you that it's worth every penny. It wasn't just written for hardcore James Bond fans like myself but also for students of film and popular culture. In addition to discussing OHMSS's unique production, the book gives brilliant insight into the art of filmmaking as well as how the people involved work together to create a cinematic masterpiece, a term that many Bond fans are beginning to bestow upon 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' 40+ years after its release.

If you're a James Bond fan or simply a movie buff, not owning THE MAKING OF ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE would be extremely foolish. That's a fact.

Chris Wright
Executive Editor
FelixLeiter.com
Back to top Go down
secretagent007

secretagent007

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 am

This just came in the mail today. I was very excited when I found this book, as I did not know it existed.
Back to top Go down
mattjoes

mattjoes

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 am

How many pages are dedicated to the score?
Back to top Go down
secretagent007

secretagent007

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm

mattjoes wrote:
How many pages are dedicated to the score?

there are about 3 pages
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 am

Ordered it for Christmas - cost me 55 AUD. Can't wait, though I hope those pamphlets and info boards I read at Piz Gloria havent given too much away.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 pm

colly wrote:
Ordered it for Christmas - cost me 55 AUD. Can't wait, though I hope those pamphlets and info boards I read at Piz Gloria havent given too much away.

I don't think you will be dissapointed, there is an incredible wealth of information in the book, no self respecting Bond fan (or indeed general movie fan) should be without it imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!   New Book "The Making Of OHMSS"  -  Link to unseen photos & page samples! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Book "The Making Of OHMSS" - Link to unseen photos & page samples!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)-
Jump to: