These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes   Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:07 pm

No end credits answers:

1. Bond vs Scaramanga
Quirky and tense sequence between two - as Scaramanga puts it - titans. The presence of Moore and the great presence of Lee. And the weird set of the fun palace adds for an interesting backdrop. And I love the shot of Bond and Scaramanga back to back on the beach.

2. Dinner with Scaramanga
Lee possesses so much charm that it's hard not to enjoy this scene, despite Goodnight's two lines in the scene. Reminiscent of the dinner scene between Dr. No and Bond, but just not as well written. Makes me wonder how Christopher Lee would have been opposite Sean Connery had Fleming offered the role to his cousin before Wiseman got the role.

3. Scaramanga kills Hai Fat
Lee is fantastic and we get to see him assemble the golden gun. Probably the film's most iconic scene?

Honourable mention to Bond travelling to Scaramanga's Island - love the cinematography and music, and also to the car chase.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:49 am

Going to have to return with a clearer head. Seriously struggling to think of a scene I like.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 pm

1. The Car Chase (minus the stupid slide whistle during the bridge jump)
Bond, err I mean, The English Secret Agent from England is no stranger to great car chases and this one is a pretty fun one to watch. Barry's score here is fantastic plus ..... *gets behind bulletproof glass* .... I do really like seeing J.W. Pepper again no matter how fish out of water it is for him to be in this film. Scaramanga taking off via flying car might've been much but here I can roll with it.

2. Scaramanga's Speech after killing Andrea
Chilling especially thanks to Lee's commanding voice. Although the scene is more focused on the Solex it's still effective at making the viewer a bit unnerved like any good cold-blooded killer's speech should.

3. Scaramanga kills Hai Fat
For the reasons FieldsMan mentions.

Honorable mention to Bond traveling to Scaramanga's Island and everything else J.W. related.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Favourite is a relative term, as nothing in this film really works anything like as well as it should imo.

1. The flight to the Island (a gorgeous and fascinating location)
2. Moore commenting 'Grizzlyland'
3. Bond pushing the kid in the river.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes   

Back to top Go down

The Man With The Golden Gun: Your Three Favourite Scenes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)-
Jump to: