These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:54 am

Given it's the only Guy Hamilton film left that we haven't covered, in his honour, what are your three favourite scenes from this film?

1. Crocodile Farm
Great little scene, with it opening with the brilliant and rather Flemingesque in its dark humour, the 'trespassers will be eaten' sign, and closing with Bond torching the facility. That iconic stunt is great, Moore seems a little more vulnerable than usual, and one of his gadgets fails him, which I find very refreshing and welcome. When I thought of creating this thread, this is the scene that immediately popped into my head.

2. Bond and Solitaire discover the Poppy Fields
I'm not sure why I like this scene so much. It seems like another take on the helicopter vs Bond scene in FRWL, but the shrubbery conceals Bond, but also blocks him from retaliating.

3. "Did you touch her?!"
Yacht Kotto's best scene in the film. A very underrated villain IMO, and the dynamic between Bond, Solitaire and Kananga is something different from the usual Bond Girl/Villain/Bond dynamic, and it creates sufficient tension. I like the set too!

Honourable mentions: Titles sequence, bus chase, boat chase ending.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:48 am

1. The Crocodile Farm (the whole thing)
Exactly what FieldsMan said. The scene definitely feels like it would fit right in a Fleming novel especially Bond improvising a way out of the place. You could almost imagine what Fleming's descriptions would be like as you watch the scene unfold.

2. The End of the Boat Chase
While at times the chase itself felt like it dragged a bit the ending was quite spectacular and more of Bond having to improvise to get his way out of the mess. Plus George Martin's score throughout the chase must be noted.

3. Everything J.W. Pepper
The true hero of the film. Loyal Sheriff of the Louisiana State Po-Lice and always on the front line whether it's "Black Russians", Doomsday Machines or Chicken Coops. The car boat scene especially shows true professionalism as he takes command of two snarky officers. "And that means you, smart-ass."

Honorable mentions to Kananga's villain speeches during the interrogation scene and in his underground lair plus Baron Samedi's appearance on the back of the train.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:15 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Given it's the only Guy Hamilton film left that we haven't covered, in his honour, what are your three favourite scenes from this film?

1. Crocodile Farm
Great little scene, with it opening with the brilliant and rather Flemingesque in its dark humour, the 'trespassers will be eaten' sign, and closing with Bond torching the facility. That iconic stunt is great, Moore seems a little more vulnerable than usual, and one of his gadgets fails him, which I find very refreshing and welcome. When I thought of creating this thread, this is the scene that immediately popped into my head.

I'm not sure why I like this scene so much. It seems like another take on the helicopter vs Bond scene in FRWL, but the shrubbery conceals Bond, but also blocks him from retaliating.

3. "Did you touch her?!"
Yacht Kotto's best scene in the film. A very underrated villain IMO, and the dynamic between Bond, Solitaire and Kananga is something different from the usual Bond Girl/Villain/Bond dynamic, and it creates sufficient tension. I like the set too!

Nice low-key one-liner from Rog during 'Did you touch her?' when Tee-Hee makes a meal of removing his watch and he says 'Butterhook'.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Sun May 01, 2016 4:02 am

LALD is one movie I can watch repeatedly without pausing (actually, I can say the same for all Guy Hamilton's efforts). Paring my favorite scenes down to three is a daunting task, but here goes:

007 in New York - the whole sequence, especially sneakin' about the parking garage and meeting Solitaire.

The boat chase, especially jumping the Glastron GT150 over the sheriff's car. I wish he hadn't had to switch boats, but I suppose a more powerful inboard motor was required to make those slides across dry land.

The finale in Kananga's grotto. When I get my own underground 'lay-ar' it's going to look like that.

Throughout, it's George Martin's music that adds atmosphere to every scene.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Sun May 01, 2016 11:23 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

1. Crocodile Farm

3. "Did you touch her?!"

Nice low-key one-liner from Rog during 'Did you touch her?' when Tee-Hee makes a meal of removing his watch and he says 'Butterhook'.  

Always found 'butterhook' to be more of a dad joke than a one liner...
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   Sun May 01, 2016 3:46 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

Always found 'butterhook' to be more of a dad joke than a one liner...

Almost sounds like a DAD joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   

Back to top Go down

Live and Let Die: Your 3 Favourite Scenes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Live And Let Die (1973)-
Jump to: