These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

British Politics thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 pm

I will have to read up on it in a bit more detail, but the UK seems to have agreed to a very soft Brexit (wrapped in a thin hard Brexit wrapper) if the details of this latest deal are accurate. Which begs the question, what was the point of it all? I honestly would have expected to hear more protest from the hard Brexit faction of the Conservative party.
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:47 am

It's yet another British political fudge. Just have a look at the Northern Ireland peace process to see a litany of these types of agreements. Kicking the difficult points into the long grass or a future court case at the ECJ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 am

The cultural Marxists have finally succeeded in their most dangerous practical joke to date. They've convinced the ruling and chattering classes that gender is a construct.

To celebrate, here is an amusing bit of Photoshop; the last 12 British PMs with their genders transposed. I have to say the Maybot and Lady Thatcher make very convincing men, while female Wilson-with-pipe is quite alluring.

Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:16 am

Argh, my eyes, my eyes!

Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 am

Jo Swinson, who is as right-on as it gets, suggested yesterday that feminists should campaign for a statue of Margaret Thatcher. As the first democratically elected female leader of a developed country you'd think it a no-brainer for any reasonable person, but no. Leeze Lawrence, from the impartial BBC immediately tweeted this.

No matter how often I think things can't get any more surreal some highly paid public servant manages to surprise me. Ms Lawrence's tax-payer funded work includes this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/24VgGyNr7PvhCDYYC3psjDY/behind-the-scenes-how-we-made-the-programme
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
The cultural Marxists have finally succeeded in their most dangerous practical joke to date. They've convinced the ruling and chattering classes that gender is a construct.

To celebrate, here is an amusing bit of Photoshop; the last 12 British PMs with their genders transposed. I have to say the Maybot and Lady Thatcher make very convincing men, while female Wilson-with-pipe is quite alluring.

Fuck. Didn't think it was possible to make Tony Blair look like a bigger cunt, but a Soccer Mom doppelganger does the trick.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Churchill looks kind of mischievous.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:02 am

Cameron oddly seems no different.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:05 am

So we have now reached the point that Vladimir Putin believes he can just get away with a poisoning that leaves 21 British citizens needing treatment. neutral
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:05 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Where is Sir Alec Douglas-Home?? Seems he's been airbrushed out of British political history!
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Salomé wrote:
So we have now reached the point that Vladimir Putin believes he can just get away with a poisoning that leaves 21 British citizens needing treatment. neutral

Yes, he does.

Boycotting the footsie world cup will show 'em though.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Salomé wrote:

Why are continentals unable to grasp the concept of innocent until proven guilty? It's a cornerstone of any civilised society.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Why are continentals unable to grasp the concept of innocent until proven guilty? It's a cornerstone of any civilised society.

Had I known that my B&B posts carried the authority and weight of a judicial ruling, I would have taken more care.

So you personally don't believe Russia was involved in this?
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:29 am

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Had I known that my B&B posts carried the authority and weight of a judicial ruling, I would have taken more care.

So you personally don't believe Russia was involved in this?

In terms of modus operandi I think that any outside observer who be entitled to the view that Putin's Russia is the chief suspect in this attempted murder. That us surely undeniable, given their track record of foreign assassinations of double agents and traitors to their cause
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Salomé wrote:

You are Witchfinder Generalissimo. arse whip

The Russians may well be behind it, be it the state or organised crime or some odd combination, but let's wait and see. I find the Western establishment's race to blame Putin for things which are mostly the results of their own misjudgements and misrule somewhat distasteful.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:09 pm

It all reminds me of Fleming's assertion that nothing in Bond was more unlikely than the real-life SMERSH's plot to carry out an assassination with a poison-pellet firing gadget disguised as a cigarette packet, or the U-2 spy-plane affair.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 am

Professional women are so hard done-by these days that some British men, their intellectual qualities and hard work legally ignored,  are scrambling to become female. Fiction writers really have an impossible job these days. ROTFLMAO

Quote :
Labour's 'woman' problem
There are plenty of things you could say about Labour's All-Women Shortlists (AWS). Tony Blair called them 'not ideal at all' in 1995. In 1996, Peter Jepson and Roger Dyas-Elliott - two men who'd been rejected as Labour candidates - called them sex discrimination. An industrial tribunal agreed with them, and Labour was forced to suspend the policy until 2002, when it was able to bring in the Sex Discrimination (Election Candidates) Act, permitting positive discrimination in candidate selection. In 2002, Owen Jones called them 'most successful at expanding the career options of a tiny elite of professional, university-educated women', Blair's hesitancy forgotten and AWS rewritten as a tool of centrist hegemony.

Now, Labour has declared that AWS are open to all 'self-defining women' - not restricted to women plus transwomen with a gender recognition certificate, but free to include anyone who says 'I am a woman'. There's no requirement to have medically transitioned here, or even to be living 'in-role'. Self-identity means, simply, that you declare your gender, and it's incumbent on other people to treat you accordingly, regardless of how you present.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/labours-woman-problem/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:41 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/sergei-skripal-may-set-to-hit-back-at-russia-over-spyattack-tbwfvhfhh

If this is accurate, it's pretty clear that the Government must have gathered credible evidence linking the attack back to Russia.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 am

The Times blew its credibility by its headline this morning.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:34 am

How so? Didn't May's comments in the House of Commons more or less confirm this today? What else did I miss?
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am

Salomé wrote:
What else did I miss?
Critical but stable is not the same as dead.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
What else did I miss?
Critical but stable is not the same as dead.

Right.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 am

Oppers isn't into facts, jokes or anal, which is why we divorced.

Anyway, after being laughed out of cyberspace The Times changed its front page to this:

Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Farage backs Corbyn's caution over Britain nuking Russia.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Well obviously their response should be responsible, measured and cautious.
But I hope there is some sort of response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: