These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

British Politics thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:27 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
And what if he WERE a "far right fascist"? Is that really worse than the postmodern, anti-western communism bruited by the establishment?

Farage is not fascist at all, but that's by the by.

Free speech is for everyone or no-one. There’s no middle way.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:02 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
And what if he WERE a "far right fascist"? Is that really worse than the postmodern, anti-western communism bruited by the establishment?

Farage is not fascist at all, but that's by the by.

Free speech is for everyone or no-one. There’s no middle way.

I know he's not. Just pointing out the toxic radicalism of the mainstream Left, of which, Leftists are entirely oblivious. They actually think their deranged views are normal and moderate.

PS--It is precisely so-called "hate speech" that is the litmus test for free speech. Hence, it is the only speech genuinely requiring protection. If we don't have "hate speech," we don't have free speech.
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 am

This is my MP, Ian Paisley (North Antrim). Although I am a unionist, I did not vote for him or his party. This is the second major scandal (this time involving undeclared Sri Lankan holidays) he has been involved in (people seem to forget that there was an earlier one in 2007-08). He has just been given the longest suspension from the House of Commons since the current system was adopted in 1949.

There may be implications for the Brexit votes in the Commons as the Government depends on the 10 DUP MPs to hold its majority after the hung parliament that resulted after the disastrous 2017 General Election. Paisley has also been suspended indefinitely by his party, the DUP, pending a party inquiry. There is talk of a by-election for North Antrim, and he wishes to run again.

The North Antrim recall petition, 2018 is a recall petition for the United Kingdom parliamentary constituency of North Antrim, in Northern Ireland. The petition is the first of its kind in UK parliamentary history, under the Recall of MPs Act 2015.

More details on this ongoing political story here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44932312
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:13 am

Really wish the wages of the MLAs who make up the NI Assembly would either be drastically slashed or stopped altogether, the lazy fuckers haven't turned up to work for more than 18 months now. But May is doubtless reluctant to upset the DUP due to the aforementioned depending on them for her majority, so the NI Secretary is powerless to act.

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Really wish the wages of the MLAs who make up the NI Assembly would either be drastically slashed or stopped altogether, the lazy fuckers haven't turned up to work for more than 18 months now. But May is doubtless reluctant to upset the DUP due to the aforementioned depending on them for her majority, so the NI Secretary is powerless to act.

Pathetic.      

Couldn't agree more on that, BI, only I'd demand their wages be stopped altogether while the assembly is not running. After all, no one else gets paid for not turning up to work! They are a collective disgrace, a shame on Northern Ireland and cutting their wages is the only way to bang their heads together and get some sort of workable power-sharing deal in place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Would like to see an election here without the participation of the 2 parties who are (IMO) most mired in the past and use that to detrimentally influence the electorate (DUP and SF). It'd be interesting, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 am

Well I have ancestors who directly suffered the last time "far right fascists" had any real power, so excuse my lack of patience for moral relativism in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 am

Salomé wrote:
Well I have ancestors who directly suffered the last time "far right fascists" had any real power, so excuse my lack of patience for moral relativism in that regard.

There are far more people on the planet who have ancestors who directly suffered when communists were in power. And I dare say that communism is a far greater force and threat today than renascent Nazism. The Nazis, BTW, were neither conservative nor Leftist. They were sui generis, regardless of how much Leftists pretend Trump is like, ACTUALLY HITLER!
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:17 am

Funny that Theresa May can't recall this speech she gave more than 15 years ago:

Quote :
Why has the public become so cynical about politics and politicians?

If we're being honest I think we know the answer. In recent years a number of politicians have behaved disgracefully and then compounded their offences by trying to evade responsibility. We all know who they are.

Let's face it some of them have stood on this platform.

There are many other reasons why voters have learned to disregard what we have to say, however loudly we say it:

Promising too much and delivering too little.

Spinning and counter spinning.

Pursuing our obsessions instead of fighting for the common good.

Fewer and fewer people are bothering to vote. Why? Because they think that politicians will do exactly what they like.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/oct/07/conservatives2002.conservatives1
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 am

And this is why Trump's so refreshing. He's doing everything humanly possible to deliver on as many campaign promises as possible. The UK and Europe desperately need a big batch of Trumplets.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Forget that Rees-Smogg dweeb, make this guy your next PM:

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Rees-Mogg appears to have time-travelled here from the Victorian era somehow.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 am

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

That song triggered me as an attack helicopter of colour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: