More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role

Go down 
+6
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
lachesis
Gravity's Silhouette
Strangways&Quarrel
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is the best Blofeld?
Anthony Dawson ans Eric Pohlmann
Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Donald Pleasance
Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Telly Savalas
Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Charles Gray
Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Christoph Waltz
Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Maybe Gray's Blofeld was actually Gray's Dikko Henderson. I can picture the former strutting around in a kimono, uncovered balls swinging in the evening breeze, remarking that Bond has the wrong idea about pussies etc.

EDIT: Got Pleasance and Gray mixed up. Have fixed it up now.

Last edited by CJB on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Ah, Henderson ... am picturing Fleming fans at the cinema in '67 wondering why the plain-speaking Aussie of the YOLT novel has become Gray's ripely camp Englishman in the journey from page to screen laugh .
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Ah, Henderson ... am picturing Fleming fans at the cinema in '67 wondering why the plain-speaking Aussie of the YOLT novel has become Gray's ripely camp Englishman in the journey from page to screen  laugh .  

I suppose it was just a jump to the left...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm

And then a step to the r-iiiiii-ght ...
Back to top Go down
Kath
'R'
'R'
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
That the script is bad is incontestable. However, even if it had been better-written, the central idea of Spectre could not have worked.

Blofeld is a pantomime villain. He’s larger than life and needs a spectacular backdrop.

Nine Eyes, whilst contemporary and sinister, was not that. Datamining is the least visual activity, which is sort of a problem for the most visual medium.

Exactly. What is the purpose of that potocol anyway? They want to shut down the 00 section and make Bond jobless. But apart of that?

Hilly KCMG wrote:
His manner in the torture scene was much like a dentist. As said, he could've been the best but fell short.

Even that can be pretty scary. Eric Ambler (and I mean the author this time, not the member with the changed name  smile ) makes one of his protagonists describe Dimitrios as having the eyes of a doctor who is about to hurt you.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Scariest dentist in film would be Lord Olivier in Marathon Man. blink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 pm

No Blofeld has ever had an ounce of menace and power of the original unseen Dawson/Pohlman iteration. Savalas is lovely but just doesn't click as being the fully realized Fleming character, neither does Pleasance. The former is very physical and the latter is unforgettable.
Gray is not meant to be the Fleming character and is a delightful change of pace in DAf because he fits that film's tone.

But outside of the original appearances none approach Fleming's character. I love them all but none are quite Blofeld.
Back to top Go down
Kath
'R'
'R'
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am

hegottheboot wrote:
No Blofeld has ever had an ounce of menace and power of the original unseen Dawson/Pohlman iteration. Savalas is lovely but just doesn't click as being the fully realized Fleming character, neither does Pleasance. The former is very physical and the latter is unforgettable.
Gray is not meant to be the Fleming character and is a delightful change of pace in DAf because he fits that film's tone.

But outside of the original appearances none approach Fleming's character. I love them all but none are quite Blofeld.

Thanks for saying that. I must even say that all Blofeld's are not quite the novel Blofeld to me. I mean, Blofeld is Fleming's most changing character. He can even change his whole appearance. There are not even two books in which he is alike. So, it is even impossible to put your finger on Fleming's Blofeld and all adaptions fall short of taking these changes into consideration. They have forced this chameleon into a fixed shape with a grey suit and a white cat. bang head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role   Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christoph Waltz: I didn't nail the role
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2