These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So what's happening in the world right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: So what's happening in the world right now?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Who's responsible for the gas attack in Syria? Who will make the first move between Trump and NK? Will China get involved? How effective was the 'mother of all bombs' on the ISIS tunnels in Afghanistan? What will come of the human rights violation in Chechnya?

WWIII seems imminent.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:07 am

The fact that both the States and North Korea are led by petulant man-children with access to nuclear weapons doesn't fill exactly fill one with confidence.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:15 am

Yep.

Though the failed missile launch (again!) reminded me that NK is all bark and no bite.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Who's responsible for the gas attack in Syria?

Government forces most likely, but I suppose it hasn't been established beyond a reasonable doubt. Not via any publicly-released information anyway.

Lightly damaging the airbase with Tomahawks was just a bit of dick-waving to distract from Trump's domestic political difficulties.

Quote :
Who will make the first move between Trump and NK?

The stronger party is more likely to do so. Again, for domestic political consumption moreso than anything else.

Quote :
Will China get involved?

If the US bombs the Nork's missile sites? Unlikely. If it gets to the point of US troops marching through Pyongyang, then it's a different story.

Quote :
How effective was the 'mother of all bombs' on the ISIS tunnels in Afghanistan?

Smoked a few bastards, but there's more where that came from. Besides, the big issue in Afghanistan remains the Taliban.

Quote :
What will come of the human rights violation in Chechnya?

I presume you're referring to the recent reports of homosexual men being targeted? Nothing, given that Kadyrov has been given free rein to do as he wishes in his fiefdom, lest there be another uprising.

Doesn't stop the useful idiots in the West believing Putin is an anti-Islam crusader, despite him being OK with an entire Sharia-adhering republic within Russia just so long as he and Kadyrov can continue their looting unabated.  

Quote :
WWIII seems imminent.

Every popular piece needs a sequel. I'll see you and the other Screaming Kangaroos when we hit the beach at Inchon. Godspeed.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:21 pm

nevermind WW3 .........Wheeee there's going to be another chance for us Brits to votes and prove what idiots we can be collectively.........apparently its all in the name of stability assuming there's going to be anything left to stabalise of course!

Much like the US we seem to have the most dreadful and incompetent shower of candidates in our long history, a case of heads we all lose, tails we all lose, coin lands on edge we all lose, coin unexpectedly self destructs we all lose.....
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:16 pm

CJB wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Who's responsible for the gas attack in Syria?

Government forces most likely, but I suppose it hasn't been established beyond a reasonable doubt. Not via any publicly-released information anyway.

Lightly damaging the airbase with Tomahawks was just a bit of dick-waving to distract from Trump's domestic political difficulties.

Quote :
Who will make the first move between Trump and NK?

The stronger party is more likely to do so. Again, for domestic political consumption moreso than anything else.

Quote :
Will China get involved?

If the US bombs the Nork's missile sites? Unlikely. If it gets to the point of US troops marching through Pyongyang, then it's a different story.

Quote :
How effective was the 'mother of all bombs' on the ISIS tunnels in Afghanistan?

Smoked a few bastards, but there's more where that came from. Besides, the big issue in Afghanistan remains the Taliban.

Quote :
What will come of the human rights violation in Chechnya?

I presume you're referring to the recent reports of homosexual men being targeted? Nothing, given that Kadyrov has been given free rein to do as he wishes in his fiefdom, lest there be another uprising.

Doesn't stop the useful idiots in the West believing Putin is an anti-Islam crusader, despite him being OK with an entire Sharia-adhering republic within Russia just so long as he and Kadyrov can continue their looting unabated.  

Quote :
WWIII seems imminent.

Every popular piece needs a sequel. I'll see you and the other Screaming Kangaroos when we hit the beach at Inchon. Godspeed.

Reliable as always, CJB.

I do think the US will try to find a way to intercept the gay camps, although not much has been said about them since the first reports. And I do feel as though NK and the US both want to engage in war, but don't want to be held accountable for starting it.

CJB wrote:
I'll see you and the other Screaming Kangaroos when we hit the beach at Inchon. Godspeed

This is hitting home more than it probably should.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 pm

If it's any consolation, it means a Millennial M*A*S*H is imminent. laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 am

If the worst comes to the worst, it's been splendid to know you chaps. Absolutely splendid.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am

CJB wrote:
If it's any consolation, it means a Millennial M*A*S*H is imminent. laugh

It is a consolation. I might get an audition for that.

BI wrote:
If the worst comes to the worst, it's been splendid to know you chaps. Absolutely splendid.

laugh

Likewise.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:59 pm

This is a good article about the NK situation.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/real-north-korean-missile-crisis-coming
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Now the Nork's foreign ministry has threatened to nuke Australia.

I think they're more likely to catapult kimchi at us as it stands.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Hoping it's just another example of NK posturing and sabre-rattling, like so many times in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's happening in the world right now?   

Back to top Go down

So what's happening in the world right now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: