More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The song which became A View To A Kill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

The song which became A View To A Kill Empty
PostSubject: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Here's the Duran Duran demo, it was originally called Jump out of the Fire drool

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 am

Nice find! "Dance into the fire" has a better ring to it - wonder if it was Barry's suggestion, or the natural progression of an idea, to change it.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 2:44 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 6:06 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Here's the Duran Duran demo, it was originally called Jump out of the Fire  drool

I've heard it before. Meh.

It's rough...it's a starting point..and as such, I won't judge it too harshly as I would with a finished product. But clearly Barry came in and added something that the demo lacked..which is why AVTAK, for me, is still a classic song. I never get tired of listening to it.

Same with TLD. A-ha's version, the one they seem to prefer (and the one they put on the STAY ON THESE ROADS album) is not the better version. Again, Barry comes in and adds punch to both AVTAK and TLD. That's nothing against either band; it's just a collaborative process.

Dance Into the Fire sounds better.

And it's been my experience that when you compare the songs that made the cut for their respective films (versus the ones that didn't get used) almost always the ones that made the film were the better ones.

Ex: Sheena Easton's FYEO is simply a better fit that Blondie's. Tina Turner is so many light years beyond Ace of Base that it wasn't even a fair contest. Sheryl Crow better than Pork Bjork or The Propellerheads. I think even Lulu's version was better than Alice Cooper.

I wish we had an idea of what Johnny Mathis' MOONRAKER would have sounded like...or Rick Astley or Eric Clapton (I think Astley would have been preferable to Gladys Knight). I liked Rita Coolidge, but still curious to see what Laura Branigan might've sounded like.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 6:57 am

Whether it's officially the case or not, No Good About Goodbye is leagues ahead of AWTD.

Still, the exception to your rule, of course.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Whether it's officially the case or not, No Good About Goodbye is leagues ahead of AWTD.

Still, the exception to your rule, of course.

You're right about that, but NGAG was not written for QoS in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 pm

I personally believe Arnold had intended for it to be the song (whether Bassey sang it or not), but Eon chose for White and Keys to write their own song before he finished it. The melody and the lyrics both reference the film and relationship with Vesper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The song which became A View To A Kill   The song which became A View To A Kill Empty

Back to top Go down

The song which became A View To A Kill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: