These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Hollywoodies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:26 am



Last edited by FieldsMan on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3782
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 pm

What's the Dench connection?
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Dench tattoed 'HW' on her arse as a thank you for giving her an Oscar winning role.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3782
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm

I see. Probably not the first time Weinstein has been on an actress' arse.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3218
Member Since : 2011-03-20
Location : Belfast, Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 am

Quite ... in fact, it seems that being on them without their permission is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 am

His missus has walked out and the accusations are stacking up like jets over Heathrow. Seems a perfect analogy for Hollywood. Hero to zero in no time.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 pm

And now kicked out of the Academy. Who will produce the Oscar bait now?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:02 pm

The odd thing is that this is happening now.
The Harvey Weinstein rumors have been around for years.
In fact, he was one of the handful of Hollywood men even I had heard stories about.
So I have trouble believing any Hollywood insider who claims not to have heard about his behavior.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Is it a reasonable assumption that those who have yet to say anything must have slept with him?


Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inappropriate joke)
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 pm

The most hilarious thing is the attempt by Bob Weinstein and Miramax to pretend that everyone there didn't know what Harvey Weinstein got up to. I mean, I know they have to say that, but even they must know absolutely no one will believe them.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:30 am

Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. Worthington
Don't put your daughter on the stage
The profession is overcrowded
And the struggle's pretty tough
And admitting the fact
She's burning to act
That isn't quite enough
She has nice hands
Give the wretched girl her due
But don't you think her bust is too
Developed for her age?
Don't put your daughter on the stage

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 pm

I see Quentin Tarantino has published a mea culpa via a NY Times interview.

At least he doesn't pretend as if he didn't know about it (which would have been hard in light of Mira Sorvino's earlier testimony).
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:15 pm

I seem to be the only person in the world who has never attended a job interview in someone's bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 am

Somebody at my university did. So legend has it.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 am

Ashley Judd wrote:
I said, ‘When I win an Oscar in one of your movies, OK?’

“[Weinstein] said, ‘When you get nominated’. I said, ‘No, when I win an Oscar’.

I am reminded of Churchill's classic exchange:

Quote :
"Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"

Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:06 am

I get your point. At the same time, she was cornered by an individual who would not take no for an answer at the time, so it's not exactly 100% fair to take her words purely at face value. There is a possibility she would have said just about anything to get out of that hotel room.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

Salomé wrote:
I get your point. At the same time, she was cornered by an individual who would not take no for an answer at the time, so it's not exactly 100% fair to take her words purely at face value. There is a possibility she would have said just about anything to get out of that hotel room.

That may well be true and it's certainly how Miss Judd is justifying it. However, it does show the ambiguity and risk inherent in any sex negotiation.

That said, the more I read about this business the less it seems to have to do with sex per se and the more it seems to be about fame, money, hypocrisy, self-delusion and power.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:05 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I get your point. At the same time, she was cornered by an individual who would not take no for an answer at the time, so it's not exactly 100% fair to take her words purely at face value. There is a possibility she would have said just about anything to get out of that hotel room.

That may well be true and it's certainly how Miss Judd is justifying it. However, it does show the ambiguity and risk inherent in any sex negotiation.

That said, the more I read about this business the less it seems to have to do with sex per se and the more it seems to be about fame, money, hypocrisy, self-delusion and power.

Well yeah. That's basically a summation of what allowed it to go on as long as it did.

The willful ignorance of so many people is the most shocking aspect of it all, not that a powerful man would use his power to coerce women into sex.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 am

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I get your point. At the same time, she was cornered by an individual who would not take no for an answer at the time, so it's not exactly 100% fair to take her words purely at face value. There is a possibility she would have said just about anything to get out of that hotel room.

That may well be true and it's certainly how Miss Judd is justifying it. However, it does show the ambiguity and risk inherent in any sex negotiation.

That said, the more I read about this business the less it seems to have to do with sex per se and the more it seems to be about fame, money, hypocrisy, self-delusion and power.

Well yeah. That's basically a summation of what allowed it to go on as long as it did.

The willful ignorance of so many people is the most shocking aspect of it all, not that a powerful man would use his power to coerce women into sex.

Such as the agents who would set up the meetings with Weinstein for their clients. I don't find too many people focusing on that, which is most glaring in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 pm

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/weighing-the-costs-of-speaking-out-about-harvey-weinstein

Another round of accusations, which includes another accusation of rape.

The sheer scale of this is incredible. This predatory behavior was routine for him.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:44 am

Salomé wrote:
The sheer scale of this is incredible.

A man can do a lot of damage in 30 years. This happened to Chrissie Hynde in just one afternoon.



Quote :

Tattooed Love Boys

The mid-20 joys around a heart that's black and blue
Tattooed love boys, I tore my knees up getting to you
Because I needed to find out what the thing was for
Been reading, but, man, the time came to explore…

I went apewire 'cause I thought that I’d like it
Little tease, but I didn't mean it
But you mess with the goods, doll, and you gotta pay
Yeah…

A good time was guaranteed for one and all
The tattoos' target practice in the hall
While waiting for their number to get called out
I, I, I, I found out what the wait was about...

I was a good time
Yeah, I got pretty good
At changing tyres...  Upstairs, bro!
I shot my mouth off and you showed me what that hole was for…

Now I see you all impressed and half-undressed
You got panstick all over the scars and lumps and bumps
Tattooed love boys have got you where I used to lay
Well, haha, too bad, but you know what they say…

Stop sniveling! You're gonna make some plastic surgeon a rich man
Oh, but the prestige and the glory
Another human-interest story
You are that

I'd say this is the best song a woman's written about sexual violence and it's autobiography. Asked years later why she chose to write a song about her gang rape rather than report it to the police, Hynde said:

Quote :
If you’re wearing something that says “Come and fuck me”, you’d better be good on your feet.’
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Damn Adam Sandler's wandering hands. #menarescum

Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:50 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Damn Adam Sandler's wandering hands. #menarescum


Didn't even realise this was a thing/notice it on Graham Norton. Pretty telling of the ridiculousness of it all when Claire Foy herself says "I wasn't offended". Why should she be?
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3782
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:19 pm

The problem is that the Sad And Failing Fake News Media takes a handful of anonymous comments on Twitter and calls it news. Claire Foy wasn't offended but someone called @Drydupknut was and it therefore needs to be on the front pages.

Having said that, touching the Queen is a big no-no so orf with his head.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Seems to be less media interest in Kevin Spacey's alleged assault on a boy, presumably because it doesn't fit the narrative of sexual violence by white straight men.

#notverywellhiddenagenda

Reminds me that the most blatant example of sex and power in Fleming’s work was Rosa Klebb's assault on Tatiana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   

Back to top Go down
 
Hollywoodies.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: