More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hollywoodies.

Go down 
+9
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Santa
CJB
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Hollywoodies. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Some of the most damning accusations aren't in that overview, likely because that piece predates them becoming public knowledge.

Among them Annabella Sciorra's:

http://people.com/movies/annabella-sciorra-harvey-weinstein-daryl-hannah-recalls-scary-incidents-in-new-expose/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/louis-cks-movie-premiere-canceled-advance-ny-times-story-1056585

Sounds like Louis C.K. is the latest one who will be publicly accused.
There have been rumours out there about him for a while.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Naturally Woody Allen's name is dragged through the mud, too.

Never heard of the film that got pulled. Sounds interesting though, and with an excellent cast.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 pm

The Louis C.K. rumours about him cornering young female comedians and forcing them to watch him masturbate are pretty old. It is a bit surreal to see all of this happening in quick succession.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
How do you force someone to watch you masturbate? Is it like A Clockwork Orange?

Hollywoodies. - Page 6 A-cloc10

It's been years since I've read the accounts, but I think the context was a backstage area at a comedy club where he locked himself and the woman in question in the green room and did not allow her to leave the locked space until he was done. Supposedly this was a regular occurrence and something he passed off as an extreme joke.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 pm

http://gawker.com/5894527/which-beloved-comedian-likes-to-force-female-comics-to-watch-him-jerk-off

I knew it was ages ago when I first read about this. This Gawker piece is over five years old.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Huh. Looks like this backlash has even reached our little backwater.
A TV personality with a thirty year relationship with the state broadcaster was just ousted due to inappropriate behavior. The details are vague but seem to be about harassing and sexually propositioning female employees and collaborators.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 11:51 pm

Here's Louis C.K. confirming that the allegations are true. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/10/entertainment/louis-ck-apology/index.html?sr=fbCNN111017louis-ck-apology0137PMStoryLink 

Louis C.K. wrote:
These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true," he wrote. "But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly...

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with ... The hardest regret to live with is what you've done to hurt someone else
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 pm

George Takei's been accused of groping back in the eighties and Richard Dreyfuss exposing himself to a writer, also in the 80s. Bit of a merry-go-round.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:12 am

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/steven-seagal-accused-of-telling-actress-to-sit-on-his-face/news-story/6746e8bbdd4ceb20a745ed10f5a6d457

Hollywoodies. - Page 6 E6bdf64af5f825bc04cb682779ba4c96

Of all the actors - using that term loosely here - to have accusations leveled at them, I'd say The Seagull is the least surprising one.  laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 9:31 am

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
She looks so unhappy.

If that is Katherine Heigl and this was taken around the time they shot "Under Siege 2", then she is around 16 in that picture.

And I see she actually talked about this on a talk show.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 am

This just in : these revelations mean that Seagal's career will remain laughable.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:00 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
This just in : these revelations mean that Seagal's career will remain laughable.  

Having to sleep with Steven Seagal to get a role in a Steven Seagal movie is indeed a grim point in any actresses' career.
A moment when one could not be blamed to reconsider one's life choices.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:03 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 6:28 pm

That article is ironic considering that Ronan Farrow had been working on that Weinstein piece for ages and had to shop it around for a long time before he found a publication brave enough to publish it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:44 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
That article is ironic considering that Ronan Farrow had been working on that Weinstein piece for ages and had to shop it around for a long time before he found a publication brave enough to publish it.

Here I was thinking, 'Ronan Farrow is just another rich kid with daddy issues', but you sure showed me.

Motherfucker is one brave trustifarian.

His privileged background is not really the point I was trying to make.
Rather the fact that he struggled to find anyone willing to publish that piece.
Which stands in sharp contrast to how some publications are now rushing these stories out.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 am

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Here I was thinking, 'Ronan Farrow is just another rich kid with daddy issues', but you sure showed me.

Motherfucker is one brave trustifarian.

His privileged background is not really the point I was trying to make.
Rather the fact that he struggled to find anyone willing to publish that piece.
Which stands in sharp contrast to how some publications are now rushing these stories out.

His own network wasn't willing to cover the story (he's hinted he'll have more to say about NBC News' reluctance to tackle this story at a later date). Farrow also said he never felt more threatened or in danger on a story except for when in Afghanistan; said some real dark forces were following him and trying to threaten him off this story and the intimidation and harassment was real. So good for him to keep on reporting anyway, and good for these actresses to come forward.

But in the end this will not change much. Sex harassment and rape will continue as it has since the dawn of man. American politics are in a gutter I can't ever recall being in so deeply. Child molestor's running for Senate seats; a President that admits he likes to walk in on pageant contestants while they are changing clothes; a previous President who exposed himself to women and raped others and a wife that stood dutifully by like Jerry Sandusky's wife and buried her head in the sand. This is as low as I can ever remember it. A country tearing itself apart, in part, because it truly has no moral code or center anymore.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 am

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm

The focus on Ronan Farrow is a bit odd. Would the Weinstein story been more acceptable had it been broken by someone who wasn't born on third base?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Right, but the Weinstein story is now corroborated by so many different sources that it seems unlikely it could be a complete fabrication. If Ronan Farrow was capable of making dozens of women lie on the record that would make him one of the most powerful men in the media.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 4:54 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollywoodies.
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: