These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hollywoodies.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 am

Control wrote:
[ “People go out today with the intention of getting smashed. We never had that intention, although it might happen. We hated binge drinkers. They were boring and if you slipped into it, you’d be told to pull yourself together. We wanted to seek, to find, to be interested, heighten awareness, talk.”

Everyday I meet Millennials who think that today's society is progressive and advanced. At first I informed them they were fucking deluded. Now I just pity them.

Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Alison Saunders is standing down as Director of Public Prosecutions after five years. Maybe it's going to be a bit safer for English men now. What a period it's been.

How the Director of Public Prosecutions turned British justice on its head

Quote :
In her desperation to secure more rape convictions, to appease the feminist lobby, Saunders has presided over a culture that considered it perfectly acceptable to withhold evidence from defence counsel which could prove their client’s innocence

Perverting the course of justice is supposed to be a criminal offence. Under Alison Saunders it seems to have become an instrument of public policy.

The presumption of innocence, the foundation of the British criminal justice system for centuries, has been turned on its head, replaced with a presumption of guilt — even before credible evidence has been produced, or anyone has been formally charged.

Prosecutors have taken to holding pre-trial press conferences, presumably with the intention of establishing an impression of guilt.

Under Saunders, the dispensation of British justice came to resemble something one would expect to find in Putin’s Russia, not the nation that gave the world Magna Carta.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5571487/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Director-Public-Prosecutions-turned-British-justice-head.html
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Quote :
Police are 'trained to deliberately hide evidence they don't want defence to see' - report exposes full extent of disclosure failures after collapse of a series of rape trials

Yesterday it was announced by Scotland Yard that officers would be abandoning the policy of automatically believing victims of rape. Commissioner Cressida Dick said officers must investigate rather than blindly believe allegations, and should keep an open mind when a victim has come forward.

The issue of disclosure of evidence has been at the centre of a series of sex offence trials which have collapsed in recent months. More than 900 criminal cases were dropped last year due to a failure by police or prosecutors to disclose evidence.

The series of failures led former Lord Chief Justice to warn that juries may start to think they have not been shown all the evidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5572445/Police-trained-hide-evidence-dont-want-defence-see.html
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun May 13, 2018 4:18 am

https://www.vogue.com/article/georgina-chapman-life-after-harvey-weinstein

It's kind of hard not to be extremely cynical about this.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun May 13, 2018 11:08 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/13/guilt-by-association-hateful-and-cruel-fate-of-mrs-harvey-weinstein

This piece is such nonsense. I haven't seen anyone blame Georgina Chapman for Harvey Weinstein's behavior. At worst, I have seen some people question the fact that she had no idea about what he got up to.
She is going through a messy separation, which is a fate no worse than the one millions of far less privileged women go through every year.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun May 20, 2018 9:26 am

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 2 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Luc Besson accused of rape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44184754

I'd like to think he's clean, I like his films oh my!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Luc Besson accused of rape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44184754

In the wake of #MeToo, there had already been a backlash against the Frenchman.
Some publications dug up his old relationship with Maïwenn Le Besco.
It's pretty clear that any director with such personal details in his past will come under scrutiny.
e.g. Bogdanovich's relationship to Louise Stratten, which started in the aftermath of her sister Dorothy's murder.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon May 21, 2018 1:05 am

Besson is not a director who interests me much so I wasn't aware of Maïwenn Le Besco until you mentioned her. Having skim read a couple of accounts of their relationship it seems that, whilst legal in France at the time, it would have been illegal in many other territories. Whether it's relevant to the current accusation against Besson I can't say.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Besson is not a director who interests me much so I wasn't aware of Maïwenn Le Besco until you mentioned her. Having skim read a couple of accounts of their relationship it seems that, whilst legal in France at the time, it would have been illegal in many other territories. Whether it's relevant to the current accusation against Besson I can't say.

I don't suspect it is, my comment was more an attempt to frame it within a larger backlash against Besson.

Another example is how in the wake of #MeToo, they dug up the old story of James Franco inviting a 17-year old up to his hotel room.
An incident that had more or less been brushed off at the time, but which seemed to carry much more weight when brought up against him post-Weinstein.

I have even seen pieces which gave an account of Jerry Seinfeld's relationship with a 17-year old back in the early 1990s. There is something weird and hypocritical about this.
If these realities were such a big deal and they were always public knowledge, doesn't it stand to reason that all those publications who waited until now to expose them are complicit?
If not, then their rehashing of these old stories is nothing more than cheap opportunism.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am

Morgan Freeman is the latest to be accused for commenting on women's clothing in public.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Apparently this was when they wore short skirts and low tops around him. Why can't he avert his eyes, keep a safe 50 feet away and exchange texts with them on the horrors of patriacrchy and Trump's America? That's what the rest of us do.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri May 25, 2018 11:25 pm

I have to say that his interaction with the pregnant woman was just weird.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 am

What did he do to the knocked-up lady? I ask you as I appear to have been blocked by BuzzFeed for suggesting its journalists are incompetent. Where am I going to go to get triggered now? cry more
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 am

Quote :
One of the three, CNN entertainment reporter Chloe Melas, the co-author of this article, says she was subjected to inappropriate behavior by Freeman more than a year ago, when she interviewed him at a press junket for "Going in Style." According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest. As is common practice with such junkets, Melas was the only CNN employee there at the time.

Just weird.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 am

Salomé wrote:
Quote :
One of the three, CNN entertainment reporter Chloe Melas, the co-author of this article, says she was subjected to inappropriate behavior by Freeman more than a year ago, when she interviewed him at a press junket for "Going in Style." According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest. As is common practice with such junkets, Melas was the only CNN employee there at the time.

Just weird.

laugh

Very amusing when you have the iconic Freeman voice in your mind: "Boy, do I wish I was there".
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Oh no, an 80 year old man said words. Me too, me too!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:51 am

In terms of walking the walk as well as talking the talk, Jessica Chaistain who at one point used her social media platform to criticize how the Amazons in "Justice League" were supposedly wearing more revealing clothing than in Patty Jenkins' "Wonder Woman" has no trouble working together with a director with two separate domestic violence incidents in his past.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/aug/07/jessica-chastain-accused-of-hypocrisy-for-working-with-matthew-newton

It's really hard to take this activism seriously if its so arbitrarily applied.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

It's all about the bandwagons. Leftists personify hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 am

Salomé wrote:
a director with two separate domestic violence incidents in his past.

Anyone who gets through life with just two separate domestic violence incidents in their past is doing well.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
a director with two separate domestic violence incidents in his past.

Anyone who gets through life with just two separate domestic violence incidents in their past is doing well.

There are two that were reported.

I also don't think that a bashing one's partners head against the wall and the floor is the norm for most couples, but YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Salomé wrote:
I also don't think that a bashing one's partners head against the wall and the floor is the norm for most couples, but YMMV.

Well, domestic violence covers so many different scenarios these days. I’d never heard of Newton until this week.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am

In an interesting turn of events, it is Newton himself who has stepped down as director.

Jessica Chastain, otherwise not shy about condemning perceived sexism (which included once complaining about how the Amazons' outfits on "Justice League" were more revealing than their "Wonder Woman" counterparts), has remained noticeably silent during this entire episode.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:28 am

Newton made mistakes, spent 6 years rehabilitating and repentant and is disallowed a second chance. What does that say about someone who makes mistakes (which is everyone) and is refused personal redemption? The most important voices here should be those of the four people - women AND men - he hit.

I'm not at all surprised by Chastain's silence.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:41 am

Newton isn't worth keeping. If all he's gonna do is draw controversy, it's better to just cut ties and move on. You want people talking about the film, not of the director's personal baggage. He fucked up, this is the price he pays.

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   

Back to top Go down

Hollywoodies.
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: