These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Hollywoodies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
I am more curious about CJB's missing post. Could it be a conspiracy?



The eagle was encrypted. cheer
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3218
Member Since : 2011-03-20
Location : Belfast, Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:48 am

I'm surprised to hear about Bay ... judging by how his direction fetishises it, I've thought for quite some time that it's US military hardware that raises his Optimus Prime.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 am

Perhaps he partied too much with Don Simpson?

One of the crazier rumours about him is that he had a bank of industrial style showers installed in a wing of his modernist villa so the prostitutes who so frequently visited the place could shower there.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 am

Salomé wrote:
One of the crazier rumours about him is that he had a bank of industrial style showers installed in a wing of his modernist villa so the prostitutes who so frequently visited the place could shower there.

You say that as a criticism, but that sounds most considerate of him.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:22 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
One of the crazier rumours about him is that he had a bank of industrial style showers installed in a wing of his modernist villa so the prostitutes who so frequently visited the place could shower there.

You say that as a criticism, but that sounds most considerate of him.

My statement was neutral from a moral point of view.

Not sure why you believe I am an especially judgemental person.

Though obviously the reason why he could not openly admit to such a thing (if it is in fact true at all) is the puritanical double standards and hypocrisy in Tinseltown.

Anyway, the reason why I know of this stuff at all is because the seedy underbelly of Hollywood has always held a certain fascination for me.

On that note, I recently read this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinseltown-Murder-Morphine-Madness-Hollywood/dp/0062242199

Some of the material was familiar to me and some of it was new (e.g. Herbert Hoover was at one point considered for the position of the film czar who would 'clean up' Hollywood).
Most of the book is about the William Desmond Taylor murder.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 am

Salomé wrote:
My statement was neutral from a moral point of view.

Not sure why you believe I am an especially judgemental person.

I don't - just my sense of humour (must I put emoticons on the end of everything? I hate the things). Plus I like pulling your hair.  smile colgate eek sarcasm sad drool ROTFLMAO laugh tongue yes blink sleepy thumbsup jump oh my!

The classic sleazebag study is, of course, Kenneth Anger's Hollywood Babylon. Makes what's been going on recently seem like a tea party.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:44 am

Thinking about it, no one seems to be dragging Jim Carrey into this thread.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:36 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Thinking about it, no one seems to be dragging Jim Carrey into this thread.

Is this about the claims made by his deceased ex-girlfriend who took her own life?
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm

More allegations against Kevin Spacey, including a House of Cards production assistant who was driving Spacey to a set when, it seems, the actor wanted to change gears, so to speak.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/house-of-cards-workers-accuse-kevin-spacey-of-misconduct.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=s1
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 am

Groping For The Truth

"Excuse me, do you have her consent?"

Quote :
I only really get attracted to men who make jokes and it is only a matter of time before repartee, now known by the derogatory term, ‘banter,’ will disappear. Wit and irony, usually the preserve of men, has never been well understood in America from where we now take all our social mores and infuriates feminists and victim groups.

http://www.salisburyreview.com/articles/groping-for-the-truth/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:51 am

I don't think Weinstein would be in much of a bind if his only crime had been to use irony or tell jokes in the presence of those women.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 am

This isn't about Weinstein. Read the article.

Quote :

As a detached onlooker to Hollywood and Westminster, I have to ask; didn’t the young man momentarily flattened under a drunken Kevin Spacey three decades ago get up and leave the room unscathed? Didn’t the knees of both Miss Hartley Brewer and feminist writer Kate Maltby recover without too much damage?

Even more baffling is the way men accused of sexual misconduct, often years after the alleged event, with no hard evidence possible against them, slink quietly away to the current version of Room 101. They do this even if they’ve only been accused of making an unsavoury remark or foolish joke, as if that is now tantamount to a physical assault. So far, only Damian Green MP has show any sign of resisting this bullying and the new insidious culture of blackmail by ‘witnesses.’

Perhaps the questions we should be asking are about how witness memory came to be valued above cold facts and why in this most comfortable and safe of times, the public needs to be kept in a state of perpetual excitement and anxiety.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

I love how feminists and victim groups are lumped together. Reminds me of the famous Connery interview back in the 80s. He says women have it better than men so he doesn't understand why so many feminists are kicking up a fuss. 30 years later, and they continue to identify as victims.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
This isn't about Weinstein. Read the article.

Quote :

As a detached onlooker to Hollywood and Westminster, I have to ask; didn’t the young man momentarily flattened under a drunken Kevin Spacey three decades ago get up and leave the room unscathed? Didn’t the knees of both Miss Hartley Brewer and feminist writer Kate Maltby recover without too much damage?

Even more baffling is the way men accused of sexual misconduct, often years after the alleged event, with no hard evidence possible against them, slink quietly away to the current version of Room 101. They do this even if they’ve only been accused of making an unsavoury remark or foolish joke, as if that is now tantamount to a physical assault. So far, only Damian Green MP has show any sign of resisting this bullying and the new insidious culture of blackmail by ‘witnesses.’

Perhaps the questions we should be asking are about how witness memory came to be valued above cold facts and why in this most comfortable and safe of times, the public needs to be kept in a state of perpetual excitement and anxiety.

Well it is about Weinstein, in so far that this deluge of sexual harassment/sexual assault accusations can all be traced back to Weinstein.
With so many women accusing so many men, there are always going to be instances that seem less serious and less meritorious of attention than others.

Specifically about the paragraph you have quoted above, the author is ridiculously cavalier in excusing Kevin Spacey's behavior, which was an attempted sexual assault on a 14-year old.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:06 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
This isn't about Weinstein. Read the article.

Quote :

As a detached onlooker to Hollywood and Westminster, I have to ask; didn’t the young man momentarily flattened under a drunken Kevin Spacey three decades ago get up and leave the room unscathed? Didn’t the knees of both Miss Hartley Brewer and feminist writer Kate Maltby recover without too much damage?

Even more baffling is the way men accused of sexual misconduct, often years after the alleged event, with no hard evidence possible against them, slink quietly away to the current version of Room 101. They do this even if they’ve only been accused of making an unsavoury remark or foolish joke, as if that is now tantamount to a physical assault. So far, only Damian Green MP has show any sign of resisting this bullying and the new insidious culture of blackmail by ‘witnesses.’

Perhaps the questions we should be asking are about how witness memory came to be valued above cold facts and why in this most comfortable and safe of times, the public needs to be kept in a state of perpetual excitement and anxiety.

Great article. Of course in the case of Spacey it's not so much about sexual advances, but sexual advances to a minor, but I agree.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:34 am

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but it's ridiculous that Seth MacFarlane is now getting grief from some corners because of the references he made to the Spacey/Weinstein rumors on his animated show and during an awards show presentation. The reasoning is that if he knew something why didn't he do something about it. In the real world of course, there isn't much any person can do if all they have is rumors.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 am



Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, boys. But the international women's cabal had its meeting this morning and the motion to crush you was carried by a margin of roughly two to one.

(Sidenote but on purely anecdotal evidence, I always worked from the assumption that some of you actually like it when we are on top).
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:27 am

Salomé wrote:
the author is ridiculously cavalier in excusing Kevin Spacey's behavior, which was an attempted sexual assault on a 14-year old.

Sexual assault is inexcusable, but the age of consent is a different matter. As you're well aware, 14 was the age of consent in most of mainland Europe back when Spacey is alleged to have carried out his assault.

I have a personal interest in all this as I was shacked-up with a woman twice my age back then. Difference is, today I think of her as my mentor not abuser. She taught me about sex, art and literature, all areas where instinct can take you only so far in life. In this Cowardly New World witch-hunt you're supporting, the state and social media are supreme and I should have her locked away for paedophilia, 30 years on.

Not going to happen, sister.

Salomé wrote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, boys. But the international women's cabal had its meeting this morning and the motion to crush you was carried by a margin of roughly two to one.

Charles Moore is the official biographer of Margaret Thacher and no enemy of powerful women. If you're really so concerned for women's rights, where were you when Santa reported her very real assault here?

http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t757-who-has-pissed-you-off-recently
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 am

The Charles Moore post was meant as a joke, Ambler. Has this place really become so very serious that we no longer can make those? A sad day indeed.

As for Santa's assault, that is horrifying but this is the first time I have learned of it.

It's also odd that you claim that I support a witch hunt. This is once again a mere assumption on your part.
I think I'm on the record in stating that I believe that Harvey Weinstein will eventually be let back into the industry in some capacity. I'm a realist in all matters, including this. If you honestly believe we will go from a world in which a man can commit a long series of sexual assaults over four decades to a world in which a man's entire life and career might be ruined because he once touched a woman's knee seemingly overnight, that is borderline deluded.
More realistically speaking, this storm of accusations will end and nothing much of substance will change.

Speaking specifically about the Anthony Rapp case, it's pretty clear that he does not deem the encounter to have been consensual, so the age of consent isn't really a factor in this story.
Back to top Go down
Secret Files
Correspondent
Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 80
Member Since : 2016-12-12
Location : Flushed away/Set in ambler/Santa for Christmas.

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:59 am

I always thought men liked women on top myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3878
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:17 pm

So Spacey is out (in every way possible). He's unlikely to work in this town ever again, not because they find his conduct morally reprehensible, but because he's cost people millions of dollars (with HOC effectively being shut down, and who knows if Netflix will actually pull the show from it's streaming services). Entire casts and crews have lost money and jobs because of HOC being cancelled, his upcoming movies being shut down or losing distribution deals as well. It's a mess, and you don't mess with people's money.

Richard Dreyfuss' son is now alleging Spacey grabbed his crotch and held on mere feet from an apparently oblivious Richard Dreyfuss.

Bryan Singer will be next. That ball has already started rolling, and he's begun trying to fight back. Won't help. The avalanche will consume him.

Alec Baldwin has already begun storm preparations. His agents have told him to get out there and start talking about how he has changed and been transformed and to admit he bullied women. So clearly there's something out there they are afraid is about to his.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm

A lot of the Bryan Singer pieces have been removed in the last few days.

It's interesting that the five-year-old Jezebel article, which seems to be the basis for many other persistent rumours, is still up. It's essentially a roadmap masquerading as an article about RDJ.

https://jezebel.com/5892565/is-robert-downey-jr-spreading-insider-celeb-gossip-on-blogs
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2299
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm

I have to admit that I hadn't heard any of the Bryan Singer rumors until this avalanche of accusations started.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5309
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : Pulling mussels

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4052
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : The Alpine Room

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

Alec Baldwin has already begun storm preparations. His agents have told him to get out there and start talking about how he has changed and been transformed and to admit he bullied women. So clearly there's something out there they are afraid is about to his.

I did find this odd. Don't know if it's a publicity stunt, a blanket apology or a statement he made because of some whacky fear-of-missing-out predisposition. 

I'm waiting for some Johnny Depp and Mickey Rourke allegations to pop up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   

Back to top Go down
 
Hollywoodies.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: