More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only) Empty
PostSubject: The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only)   The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only) EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm

The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only) GettyImages-3226122_web

I see that as yet we (regrettably) have no discussion thread for Sir Kingsley Amis and his non-Bond works so I thought it was high time that I created one as I am a big fan of Amis and I am currently working through his fiction and non-fiction, his letters and Memoirs for private reteach purposes. This is the space for Amis fans of all hues to post reviews recommendations or articles of interest on the legendary post-war British author Sir Kingsley Amis (1922-1995). I'll start the ball rolling with this very interesting B/W archive interview from 1958 of Amis by Simon Raven (who also has several Bond connections too, mind):

If we are to reference Bond, perhaps it could be how works like The Anti-Death League and The Egyptologists have links to his Bond novel Colonel Sun? Or did Maps of Hell have links to The James Bond Dossier for instance? I think that that would serve to make this thread uniquely interesting and would be something quite interesting to discuss on BaB. I'm open to all offers of debate, though.  :)
Back to top Go down

The Sir Kingsley Amis [1922-1995] Discussion Thread (Non-Bond Works Only)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: