More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Aston Martin Talks

Go down 
+4
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Thevan7F
8 posters

Are You An Aston Martin Fan
Yes
Aston Martin Talks Vote_lcap75%Aston Martin Talks Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Aston Martin Talks Vote_lcap25%Aston Martin Talks Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

Well know James Bond mostly drove Aston Martin in Most of his movies. First the most Favourite is the Aston Martin DB5 which was & started to use in Goldfinger Then On Her Majesty Secret Service in the 6 cylinder Aston Martin DBS Later The Living Daylights with a new 007 Timothy Dalton. Die Another Day which was Pierce Brosnan last Bond in the V12 Vanquish. Daniel Craig era well as the classic Aston Martin DB5 he first had the v12 DBS the previous Bond movie  he drove DB10 concept. We hope he get a new Aston Martin for the last time.
Aston Martin Talks Jb007a11
Aston Martin Talks Jb007a12
Aston Martin Talks Jb007l11
Aston Martin Talks Spectr10
Aston Martin Talks Aston_10
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Well, yes and I strongly suspect -like a few- because of Bond. To the point that when living in London for university, I found myself noting the Aston's I saw. The favourite was a DBS that looked virtually identical to Lazenby's in OHMSS or the fantastic navy blue DB4 I saw in Grosvenor Square. Even seen that hideous SmartCar-looking Aston.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 pm

I'd rather see Craig not in an Aston this time round, to be honest. I feel they're trying to smack the brand over our heads to make a point that we're watching Bond films. That beautiful DB10 was a wasted opportunity in SP. 

His car chases haven't amounted to all that much, comparatively, so perhaps they should sit this one out.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Aye, the DB10 was wasted right down to the music selection in it. I did like Spectre showing that Bond was not the only agent having Aston's, wasn't there a Vanquish/DB9 there? I forget but makes me wish Bond had taken it all the same. Maybe BMW can make a return.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm

My vote is for Bond to drive a Bentley next time round.
Back to top Go down
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

Aston Martin Talks Dbs_su10
Aston Martin Talks Astonm10
It possible he drive an Aston Martin again in Bond 25 Daniel Craig last Bond mobile. either new DBS Supperleggra or new V8 vantage that look like the DB10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 pm

What's the point? He'll more than likely ram it into something/someone in another of his witless, reckless rampages in attempt to save whatever he's chasing.

Craig has driven more Aston than any other Bond yet strangely feels less than all his counterparts.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 3:07 pm

I imagine with a 7-film stint Moore would've been the front-runner of them all, if they'd went with Astons for him.

Poor Brosnan and those bloody Beamers, never stood a chance laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 am

Ah Brosnan did have the DB5 in his 90s films, and was able to show off the size of his engine to Xenia.

I liked the Z8 in TWINE. The 750iL fits Bond's cover, and I actually really like that Bond doesn't use the standard issue gadgets in the Z3.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 am

I imagine he would've used them if the deal with BMW had been sorted earlier, but apparently by the time it was it was too late to film anything other than the radar screen operating.

Aston's bosses really had to be talked into the DB5's inclusion in GF, apparently. Couldn't see how the association was going to be of any benefit laugh .

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Would be fun to see the Lotus again, though I suspect that'll remain Moore's domain. After the return of the Aston Martin with Dalton, it was always weird they went with BMW with Brosnan. Just never felt suitable for Bond, which is why DIE ANOTHER DAY bringing back the AM (even if invisible) was exciting at he time.

Come to think of it, every film since GOLDENEYE has introduced a new vehicle, with the exception of SKYFALL.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 am

You know I'm tired of Bond having all the things no mere civil servant could afford and having no personal sense of style or taste. He's now a bloody product placement men's millionaire magazine walking advert.

Good god I really miss Gardner's Bond in a Saab 900 Turbo struggling to find a PPK replacement in Licence Renewed. Benson's Bond had a Q Branch Jag XK8 in the early 00's which made sense.

If a real Bond ever drove a real classic Bentley for even a fleeting glimpse I'd probably be crying buckets with joy.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am

This may shock you, but I do find myself actually able to afford Heineken laugh .
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 1:32 am

ROTFLMAO

That's the thing though. The character is supposed to enjoy the high life on assignment and live as well as possible on his salary like a normal person with personal tastes and dislikes.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

I pass the Aston dealership on Park Lane a few times and tonight I walked up to it as they had this fantastic DB6 in the window (going for £595,000).

Going for about 159,000 was this, the DB11

Aston Martin Talks 20190510

What caught me eye was the board next to it. I couldn't zoom in but below the 159,000 was something that bumps it up to 189,000 and that was, apparently, "optional equipment".

How curious...!
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Ever driven a DB5?   Aston Martin Talks EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 4:30 pm

I did last year...One of them there experience days, a gift for my 60th from the offspring. The whole day was great and as you can see from the photo i dressed appropriately, the problem was too many damn rules such as don't pass other cars until waved on by the instructor in front, don't drive recklessly (pah) and don't use the ejector seat!(WTF?)
...Hmm, file too big, never mind checkout my avatar smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 2:32 pm

What an excellent gift idea from the kids!
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

Yeah, i was given a ballooning experience many years ago but my fear of heights prevented me from taking part unsure
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 pm

silvertoe wrote:
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

Yeah, i was given a ballooning experience many years ago but my fear of heights prevented me from taking part unsure

Lucky you couldn't use the ejector seat then! tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aston Martin Talks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aston Martin Talks   Aston Martin Talks Empty

Back to top Go down

Aston Martin Talks
Page 1 of 1