More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?

Go down 
+16
Blunt Instrument
Dr No
Agent007391
Loomis
j7wild
Harmsway
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
saint mark
Ravenstone
trevanian
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Control
bitchcraft
MBalje
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Avoiding the TDKR thread for spoilers so I'll post something about the soundtrack here. Gotta say I'm digging it for the most part, I like "Gotham's Reckoning" best at this point.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 am

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 am

So there is some Friedhofer on the YouTubes. Found some stuff from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES too.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 pm

oh my I brought the Dark Knight Rises score. Well, we only die once.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Listening to the score for the first time after seeing the film and thereby in isolation can say it's not too bad. Not too good either I suppose. Has a different sound to The Dark Knight even if in tracks like "Nothing Out There" and "Rise" there's shades from "Harvey Two-Face/I'm not a Hero" and "A Dark Knight".
Key tracks would be "Gotham's Reckoning", "The Fire Rises", "Imagine the Fire" and even "Rise". Apparently now that I have the CD I have access to bonus material. Ooh...not.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 am

Just got the expanded soundtrack of BATMAN FOREVER from La-La-Land Records.

Only thing I'm peeved about is the track listing being out of order in some places. What's up with that? Oh well, nothing my iTunes can't fix.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

As long they don't merge cues together, like a few are in the FYEO expanded soundtrack that can't be seperated because one flows into another.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Gladly that's not the case. I wanted to get the BATMAN 89 expanded score, but that's sold out, including RETURNS. One day I'll try to get them, at a reasonable price. Apparently they will not do B&R because the deal with WB states they can only release expanded versions of soundtracks that were already released and since B&R never got one it'll never get a FSM treatment. Something to do with premiere rights, if it's ever gonna be released it'll only be by WB.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm

the march always is at its most dramatic and stirring in the film. Can't seem to find this version on any CD or such. Another good use was when the pilots get off the pan to board the Lancs.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 am

The Doomsday Machine/Amok Time soundtrack CD (Vol.2, TOS)

the Doomsday soundtrack full of menance, almost like Jaws it heightens the fear perhaps of the Planet Killer bearing down on the Enterprise. A faceless, unknown enemy. Then you have Amok Time which captures the sound of Vulcan and of course the legendary, infamous fight music.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

Listening to Les Baxter's HOUSE OF USHER. Really like it.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Procured Thunderball (extended) OST. Curses to HMV, their soundtrack section had shrunk to a twigs width and hidden by the Metal section.

No matter, Thunderball OST amongst all the growing others. The only other one there was VTAK and until there's some fuller release I won't bother.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Avatar by James Horner got it in a bargain bin and found it well worth my time.

Listened to the Lost Boys which remains my favorite soundtrack cd overall due to the great music and mood it sets even outside of the movie.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 am

Hilly wrote:
The Doomsday Machine/Amok Time soundtrack CD (Vol.2, TOS)

the Doomsday soundtrack full of menance, almost like Jaws it heightens the fear perhaps of the Planet Killer bearing down on the Enterprise. A faceless, unknown enemy. Then you have Amok Time which captures the sound of Vulcan and of course the legendary, infamous fight music.

Doomsday really has everything. The parts where it ratchets up as Decker & Spock square off, and then when Decker has the little judo fight, are nearly as memorable to me as the end of act 3 and the big finish. I was really surprised to find out the same composer did SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD. Tribute to versatility, wish he'd done more TREKs.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 Skyfall1
Thomas Newman - Skyfall Original Motion Pcture Soundtrack
Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 1042262532 Adele - Skyfall 2 track single with also instrumental track. Real disc not a dowload :cheers:

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 Adele_skyfall

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT13yIhoxh-NNj8RtZa4wrf1RByZ6qPXgd3crbDmRMpyLpJD5Xwig
Lady And The Tramp (Lady en de Vagebond)
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 am

A bit of Howard Shore's score for THE HOBBIT:

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 am

:sleep:
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
:sleep:
Yeah, can't say I care for it, either.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Be good to get a remastered version of Manhunter. Takes Drive and beats it death with a hammer.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 am

Trying to familiarise myself with Thomas Newman.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 am

Not a soundtrack, strictly speaking, but I'm thoroughly enjoying Ryuichi Sakamoto's 1998 album DISCORD.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Re-visiting Dances With Wolves (really need some fresh soundtracks like Quiller). This time round Fire Dance intrigues and excites, a very unique sound to my untrained ears. Not only that but it's a perfect soundtrack for walking home at night to.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

On 11 October i buy the movie and yesterday the soundtrack of the movie.
Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 519eFpf%2BtQL._SL500_AA300_
Clint Eastwood - Mystic River
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next