More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?

Go down 
+16
Blunt Instrument
Dr No
Agent007391
Loomis
j7wild
Harmsway
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
saint mark
Ravenstone
trevanian
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Control
bitchcraft
MBalje
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 pm

"...the legend...of Navarone"

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Been giving the Trek soundtracks a re-listen in this run-up to the film. I know it's not popular round these parts in some circles to mention Trek for Goldsmith but his TMP score is exceptional. Slowly grown on me from the majestic The Enterprise to the Cloud and the triumphant climax at the end of A Good Start.

Onto TVH expanded. Not the best score but I like it. Maybe for continuity sake a Horner score would've done better but Nimoy had been after Rosenman for III and Horner...might have just gone a step beyond. Something like his The Land Before Time and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story which are practically identical (quelle surprise).

I always...to my cost, back the II/III scores primarily because I watched those films a lot as a kid and they shaped my following of Trek. They were my sound of Trek. Of late I'm fairly anti-Horner and most latter scores are intermingled....etc

End
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Listening to this radio 2 programme on Giorgio Moroder. Must confess I had no idea he'd done the soundtracks he had. He also sounds more German than Italian but such is my ears.

Until now I mainly knew him for the epic Galactica piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg22X6_Mt34
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:06 pm

David Arnold's finest hour.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Into Darkness.

if only he could title his tracks properly.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Largo's Shark wrote:

I'd never heard this before. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 am

Harmsway wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

I'd never heard this before. Excellent stuff.

It was all downhill from there, and up for Bjork.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 am

Arnold's effort was recut for some UK car commercial in the 1990s and for a while rivalled Craig Armstrong's Romeo & Juliet for the dishonour of most reused soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 am

I think I vaguely remember that.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:48 am

"Play Dead" was quite a big hit single in Britain twenty years ago. Until I looked it up on Wikipedia just now I never realised that Jah Wobble co-wrote it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 am

Ah. That's why it's so good. Definitely a dubby feel in the baseline.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:46 pm

A thorough regoing through the Doctor Zhivago soundtrack. Gives me the urge to get Arabia at some point.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Erich Kunzel's conduction of the Magnificent Seven theme

Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Update from the last couple of months:

24 March: Global Stage Orchestra ‎– My Name Is Bond James Bond - 50th Anniversary
15 April: Hans Zimmer ‎– Inception
30 April: James Horner - Jumanji
16 June: Alan Menken - Hercules (1997) 2006 rerelease with 30 tracks

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 am

Didn't catch the film, but I'm liking what I've heard of Joe Kraemer's score for JACK REACHER. It's a rather old-school symphonic work with minimal (if any?) electronic sequencing - very unusual in this day and age. A bit too on the safe side maybe, but this is only a suite.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

two of the tracks from Blue Thunder I'm quite fond of. It's halfway on from Adios JAFO that it kicks off, Lymangood's plight and death.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Giving the Young Sherlock Holmes soundtrack a breeze through on YouTube. Quite fond of the main theme. From what I understand it's only available in some form, CD wise, on a Sherlock Holmes anthology disc...or is quite rare at that.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

14 August:

Thomas Newman - Meet Joe Black (NEW)
Hans Zimmer/ Stephen Schwartz - The Prince of Egypt (NEW)

Today:

Danny Elfman - Batman Returns (21 track version)
Oliver and Company (NL Dub version)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

MBalje wrote:
Thomas Newman - Meet Joe Black (NEW)

Danny Elfman - Batman Returns (21 track version)
Good purchases.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Lalo Schifrin's expanded/complete Bullitt OST
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Hearing that Insurrection's getting the expanded treatment (this leaves Nemesis now) I delved into my Star Trek IV expanded. Took me to read the liner notes that the music I tend to like best is Kirk's theme. Highlight is Gillian Seeks Kirk where the music more or less reads Gillian's mind ("Find Kirk!").
A guilty pleasure is I Hate You. Expletives and all.

Now...to get Generations (if but for the expanded crash track) and Insurrection.
Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Does getting it free with a DVD count? Because if it does, I just recently "bought" The Walking Dead - Songs of Survival, which came with my Season 3 DVD (Walmart bonus). None of the songs are anywhere in the show, but that didn't stop them from being good.
Back to top Go down
Dr No

Dr No

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 am

The Moonraker sountrack, Bond Smells a Rat is a good piece, Really moody and suspenseful.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Tried my Great Escape OST but the damn disc is scratched up and it costs a bomb off anywhere to get a new disc (reminds me to get a new Johnny Cash at SQ but that's something else).

So plumped for another of my MGM/UA special edition thingy soundtracks, the Living Daylights.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:55 am

Fond of 'Ice Chase' from the Daylights soundtrack, with the Bond theme and the title track 'woven in' to make a fine action-sequence piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?   Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Soundtrack You Bought Or Listened To?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next