More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mac, PC or other?

Go down 
+10
Mr. Trevelyan
Fae
Tubes
G section
Control
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
James. C
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 am

I just bought a MacBook Pro, meaning I'll be posting from my PC and my Mac. What do you use?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 am

PC.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:30 am

I have a MacBook Pro, hangover from when publishing in the UK ran on Macs. Finally upgraded to Snow Leopard in order to replace the mouse with a trackpad. After the iPhone I find I can't stand mice anymore.
Back to top Go down
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 am

PC
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 pm

PC...with a fetish for DELL.

Never used a Mac.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
PC...with a fetish for DELL.

Because you're easy as them.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Mac for video editing.

PC for anything else.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:57 pm

PC for me too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 pm

This thread would be better titled 'Has your computer caught the Ebola virus yet?' If the answer is yes, then you're running a PC.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 pm

PC
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 am

20" iMac G5 from 2004-2005.

I've been looking to upgrade recently. While my current machine is still good, it's impossible to upgrade and has zero heat ventilation. Every time I encode a video, I fear my computer might light on fire.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
Mac for video editing.

PC for anything else.

What advantage does MAC have over PC when it comes to video editing? Also, what video-software do you use?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
Mac for video editing.

PC for anything else.

What advantage does MAC have over PC when it comes to video editing? Also, what video-software do you use?

The Mac I have access to is a Quad Core with a 27'' monitor. I'd rather use that than my Dell laptop, which is dual core-something-or-other with a 14'' screen. laugh

If I'm not using Final Cut on the Mac, then I'll use Premiere on the PC. It's only CS4, though.

I also want to become familiar with Final Cut because many think it's the new industry standard.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 am

Final Cut is probably the best video editing software I've ever used. Or at least whatever version I used in high school in 2005. Since then I've been using Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio on my PC, but they're not as good and at times can be a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:47 am

MacBook Pro ... it is the most beautiful thing in the world.

And a blessing from my old PC laptop.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 am

PC

Mac looks nice, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:03 pm

PC and iPad

A foot in both camps.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 pm

PC & iPad 2.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:16 pm

I flirted with Macs over the last year but I ultimately found them to be disappointing. It's the simple things like the close/minimise options being on the left instead of the right, etc that make you really appreciate why Windows has been the market leader for so long, it's damned easy to use.

I also find the 'Start' menu system a lot easier to use than the macs system with the apps/functions/folders down the bottom.

I do like iPads though. I'm surprised it took so long for the traditional media to embrace them (and tablets). Perhaps it's my youth showing, but I've never enjoyed or found it as easy to read a newspaper as I do on a tablet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

I finally went with OSX Lion on my MacBook and hated what it did to the trackpad. That said, once you've learnt the finger gestures it's surprisingly efficient.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm

PC man here. I've never found the Mac interface intuitive to use. That said, I'm not religious not about this kind of thing like some are .

http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-fw/1999-September/000161.html
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 pm

PC. I have never had a Mac.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mac, PC or other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac, PC or other?   Mac, PC or other? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac, PC or other?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: