More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond

Go down 
+6
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
hegottheboot
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Yes please! And just a mission - no more 'this time it's even more personal-er!'
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 10:03 pm

It wouldn't surprise me. EON has always loved the flavor of the month and right now, some very light-hearted action adventures have done very well at the box office ("Guardians of the Galaxy", "Thor: Ragnarok").
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Don't get too attached to the idea. We all know (including Craig) that he doesn't fare well with light-heartedness, and after SP, I'm not sure they'd be willing to return to that (fully unaware that it was the script and not the "traditional Bond elements" that failed them).
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 am

AMC Hornet wrote:
Yes please! And just a mission - no more 'this time it's even more personal-er!'

Salomé wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me. EON has always loved the flavor of the month and right now, some very light-hearted action adventures have done very well at the box office ("Guardians of the Galaxy", "Thor: Ragnarok").

Hopefully. However, EON, at least since Mike and Babs have gained more influence on the series, seem to favor the more intense and conflicted portrayals that started with Dalton. We've now had 30 years where there's always some personal aspect added to the plot of a Bond film. Even TOMORROW NEVER DIES, the closest the films have gotten back to the old 60s/70s formula, still included a personal aspect with Paris Carver.

To see EON return to the formula of Connery and Moore eras would be a major shift for Mike and Babs.

FieldsMan wrote:
Don't get too attached to the idea. We all know (including Craig) that he doesn't fare well with light-heartedness, and after SP, I'm not sure they'd be willing to return to that (fully unaware that it was the script and not the "traditional Bond elements" that failed them).

We were talking about the next Bond actor, not Craig necessarily. I don't doubt Craig's last film will stay relatively in tone with four films he's already made so far. It would be quite a stark contrast to see Craig do a MR type film as his last installment, much as it would be offputting to see Moore do a LTK type film as his swan song. I rather Craig stick to his own strengths and make the best possible version for his era. Then MAYBE Mike and Babs can take a lighthearted approach depending on the actor they pick.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:11 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Oh no, I think Bond 25 will be a very serious film indeed, I meant more the direction they will go into after the DC era ends.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:46 am

For some reason I interpreted "next Bond" as the next film.

Ignore me and carry on. colgate

EDIT: Though the latter part of my post still stands. Eon may still want to drop the traditional Bond elements, thinking that it was their (mostly winning) formula that failed SPECTRE.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm

I meant serious like "joyless passing for properly dramatic", not actual quality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

The West's celebration of the mediocre, mentally ill and the ordinary makes many otherwise sensible people turn to Putin for leadership. It's the 1930s all over again.

Compared to where?

Good point about the west celebrating the mentally ill - I can think of at least one mentally ill celebrity turning to Putin for leadership...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 1:08 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Yep. Equality doesn't mean invading an existing franchise and claiming it something else. Equality is developing a separate series of films and books that have the appeal to transcend generations.

Alas, they're not interested in equality. Supremacy and forced subordination of the majority is their game. Making Bond anything he's not supposed to be is one demarche in this civilizational gambit.

Plus he who controls the past controls the future; the left is rewriting fact and fiction, whether historical or James Bond. And it needs to, because reality provides no basis for any of its beliefs.

Just so...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Except we have Daniel Craig, who's largely been embraced, that doesn't exactly fit the descriptions of Fleming's Bond beyond "white male". We're pretty far from Fleming at this point, so it no longer matters.

We already have a black Felix Leiter. I don't think anyone but the most rigid Bond fans gives a crap.

Blonde hair isn't quite the essential characteristic race is.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 6:16 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Except we have Daniel Craig, who's largely been embraced, that doesn't exactly fit the descriptions of Fleming's Bond beyond "white male". We're pretty far from Fleming at this point, so it no longer matters.

We already have a black Felix Leiter. I don't think anyone but the most rigid Bond fans gives a crap.

Slightly longer hair and and some hair dye would have gone a long way in silencing the naysayers back in 2006.

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 Wenn_rachelweisz_danielcraig_012518-1800x1200

Still, the writing wasn't there to support him until SF anyway.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Why though? Hair color and eye color does not matter but skin color does?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:41 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 am

I just want an actor who exudes enough danger and who can at least pretend he enjoys the womanizing aspect of the character.

I'm reminded of an interview with Sally Field in which she addressed age differences in romantic relationships onscreen. Specifically about how her male co-stars dealt with those. She had an anecdote about Paul Newman actually apologizing to her before any romance scene because he felt uncomfortable at the age difference (he was 21 years older than her).

I mention this story because the way Daniel Craig regarded Léa Seydoux throughout "Spectre" reminded me of that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 am

x

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

iI’s all about the character and Elba is the very definition of Toxic Masculinity. Er, I mean, tall, dark and handsome. Whereas Brozza thought he was gay and Craig despises Bond. And is, as you say, visiibly uncomfortable with younger women.

Regardless of Brosnan's personal life 45+ years ago, this should prove otherwise:

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Salomé wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Race is hardly mere skin color, and at some level you understand this. Skin color, like hair texture and other physical characteristics, are surface markers for something considerably more fundamental and irreducible.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 7:26 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Slightly longer hair and and some hair dye would have gone a long way in silencing the naysayers back in 2006.

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 Wenn_rachelweisz_danielcraig_012518-1800x1200

Still, the writing wasn't there to support him until SF anyway.

Like this CR publicity pic -

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 GettyImages-55920525
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Race is hardly mere skin color, and at some level you understand this. Skin color, like hair texture and other physical characteristics, are surface markers for something considerably more fundamental and irreducible.

Does this explain why white people are so timid?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Does this explain why white people are so timid?

No. Leftist guilt-tripping explains that. But genetics doubtless goes some distance toward explaining why so many whites become suicidal Leftists to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm a lefty.

I guess I'll just kill myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond   Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brosnan: #MeToo shouldn't affect Bond
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next