These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The 100 best action movies ever made

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: The 100 best action movies ever made   Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 pm

The 100 best action movies ever made according to Time Out:

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/film/best-action-movies

As is often case with these polls, it seems fairly bizarre to me and it's unclear who participated. Some choice writing, too: 'The performances turn a crap sandwich into fried gold'.

And 'Aliens' is number one?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: The 100 best action movies ever made   Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm

The definition of an action movie seems pretty hazy.

Peckinpah's the "Wild Bunch" is supposed to be a deconstruction of the western mythos. It's odd to see it listed among the likes of "Die Hard".

Also, in what universe is "Terminator" listed behind "Terminator 2: Judgment Day".

Another quick remark is that it seems entirely skewed towards American cinema and to a lesser extent Hong Kong cinema.

Certainly the non-American entries seem like tokenism. Though I was glad to see "Hard Boiled" among them.

Only two Shane Black entries I believe, one which he penned and one which he also directed. I had expected more.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: The 100 best action movies ever made   Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Stopped reading as soon as I saw Face/Off at #12.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: The 100 best action movies ever made   Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:14 pm

First Bond entry at 62, and it's From Russia With Love. Best quote: "Oh James, will you make love to me all the time in England?" laugh

Thunderball is also included at 78.

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: The 100 best action movies ever made   Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:37 am

It's not all action films per se and is thus inaccurate. It also is wrong as the top three on anyone's list should read:
1. Hard Boiled
2. The Killer
3. A Better Tomorrow

The Bonds are action adventure films moreover, and it's hard to classify films for their action if they are not meant to be taken as all out action films.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 100 best action movies ever made   

Back to top Go down

The 100 best action movies ever made
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: