These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Favorite movie scenes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Quote :
Kiss Me Deadly - where the bad, bad, girl opens the box and the world goes up in smoke - ‘Whoever opens this box will be turned into brimstone and ashes.’

Supposedly Tarantino's inspiration for the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction".

Ralph Meeker is an underrated actor. He's terrific in "The Naked Spur" too.

'What’s in the box?’ is probably my favourite Mcguffin, though few have done it as well as Kiss Me Deadly - it says something about declining standards of education that even a pulp b-movie had classical overtones back then. 

Meeker is superb as you say. Lots of good performances, though, including Cloris Leachman and Gaby Rodgers. We all know what happened to Cloris, but I can’t recall seeing Gaby in anything else...
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:38 pm

+

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 am

I'll be boring and go with a film that might not be a great classic, but one I tend to watch around this time most years -Battle of Britain

one scene I can't find on YouTube, and it's very brief, when Susannah York's WAAF S/O Harvey is stopped by Station Commander Kenny More about her husband, Colin (Chris' Plummer) being shot down. Goodwin's music helps but the clincher is when after More tells her she can get a posting near her husband (Plummer having spent all film badgering her to do just that), she bluntly asks:
"Is he badly burned?"
More's face says it all. Slight moistness to the eyes, tightening of the jaw (stiff uppers as Leslie Phillips would say) and no words.

But otherwise, this scene earlier (where Plummer's raw recruits give it to the Germans over the North Sea, culminating in Goodwin's theme triumphantly kicking in)

Watching Bridge Too Far the other day there's a couple that have always lingered in the memory. Frost's capture at the bridge (being given chocolate that should've been dropped to him, by Max Schell), the human roadblock, the capture of Nijmegen Bridge (Hardy Kruger's incredulous expression and Addison's music as XXX Corps race over) and Connery's scene with Bogarde at the end. Urquhart in reality probably was close to striking Browning.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:37 pm

+

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 pm

I believe that Belgium actually had the highest number of pilots outside of the Commonwealth and Eastern-Europe in the Battle of Britain. Which is odd considering how tiny we are and how relatively small our air force was. Certainly you would have expected the French to have provided significantly more pilots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   

Back to top Go down

Favorite movie scenes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: