More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favorite movie scenes

Go down 
+5
bitchcraft
Sarai
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Salomé
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 11:12 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 am

+

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 pm

I'll be boring and go with a film that might not be a great classic, but one I tend to watch around this time most years -Battle of Britain

one scene I can't find on YouTube, and it's very brief, when Susannah York's WAAF S/O Harvey is stopped by Station Commander Kenny More about her husband, Colin (Chris' Plummer) being shot down. Goodwin's music helps but the clincher is when after More tells her she can get a posting near her husband (Plummer having spent all film badgering her to do just that), she bluntly asks:
"Is he badly burned?"
More's face says it all. Slight moistness to the eyes, tightening of the jaw (stiff uppers as Leslie Phillips would say) and no words.

But otherwise, this scene earlier (where Plummer's raw recruits give it to the Germans over the North Sea, culminating in Goodwin's theme triumphantly kicking in)

Watching Bridge Too Far the other day there's a couple that have always lingered in the memory. Frost's capture at the bridge (being given chocolate that should've been dropped to him, by Max Schell), the human roadblock, the capture of Nijmegen Bridge (Hardy Kruger's incredulous expression and Addison's music as XXX Corps race over) and Connery's scene with Bogarde at the end. Urquhart in reality probably was close to striking Browning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:37 am

+

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:04 am

I believe that Belgium actually had the highest number of pilots outside of the Commonwealth and Eastern-Europe in the Battle of Britain. Which is odd considering how tiny we are and how relatively small our air force was. Certainly you would have expected the French to have provided significantly more pilots.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 3:30 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:55 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:02 am

"I went down into the countries, underneath the earth, to the peoples of the past … But you lifted my life from the pit. O Lord, my God"

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 7:17 am

1982 Horrors are the best lol

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 am

Hard to believe this one is 40 yrs old...I watch this at least once per year since I was in my teens

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 1:11 am

Basket Case!  You just won the thread.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 9:40 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Hard to believe this one is 40 yrs old...I watch this at least once per year since I was in my teens

very fine film and very fine soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:31 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 9:41 pm

the music, the zoom out

"Nope, never had a lesson" and "GET DOWN!"

the silhouette, the music and complete badassery. You don't see Eastwood's face as he marches up.

and to mix it up

yes, I'm sure the model work is a little dated and it has Leslie Nielsen (forever etched as Debin) but ever since I saw this film when I was little, it's been up there. The sight of the wave with very little music approaching, a sheer wall of water that bears down and down onto the liner and finally, it overwhelming the ship. The one thing Poseidon had in 2006 going for it, was that it at least showed during the capsize, elsewhere in the ship. In the book there were more survivors than depicted in either film.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Loved this sequence in Dressed to Kill. Saw it months ago for the first time and still talk about it today. A 9min+ sequence with no dialogue yet the suspense crackles. Masterful directing from Brian De Palma.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite movie scenes   Favorite movie scenes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite movie scenes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next