More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman Empty
PostSubject: Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman   Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:04 am

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/05/there-will-never-be-a-female-james-bond-confirms-executive-producer

Barbara Broccoli wrote:
Bond is male...He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male.

And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters.

And then there's this from the article, too:

Quote :
Such leverage makes her perhaps the most powerful female producer the film industry has ever seen. It also makes her fiercely protective of the “family business”. Yes, she concedes, Bond cannot be considered a feminist property, but mostly because people tend to “reference those early movies. It was written in the 50s, so there’s certain things in [Bond’s] DNA that are probably not gonna change."

So she isn't completely bonkers--- Oh wait:

Babs wrote:
But look at the way the world has changed. And I think Bond has come through and transformed with the times. I’ve tried to do my part, and I think particularly with the Daniel [Craig] films, they’ve become much more current in terms of the way women are viewed

What, dead (Vesper, Solange, Fields, Severine), empty (Camille), drunk (Lucia, Madeleine), or in a loveless relationship (Madeleine)?

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman   Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 am

In these ... unsure times, it is a relief to hear this.

The phrase 'female James Bond' gets no less ridiculous, I must say (even at the most basic level of James not being a gender-ambiguous name, FFS).
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman   Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 9:08 pm

If they did do a sex-change, it'd be quite the scene. Maybe some kind of Get Smart get-up where he gets into a phone box and comes out, er, Jane Bond.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman   Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 2:17 am

Or something akin to the DAF opening.

"Making mud pies, 007?"
"No. Just ovaries"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman   Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman Empty

Back to top Go down

Babs: Bond will NEVER be a woman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: