More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. Empty
PostSubject: I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.   I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Basically I came across that by accident and thought why?  Like in this article:

https://www.nico.gov.ng/index.php/category-list/1534-india-bans-new-james-bond-movie-spectre-over-long-kissing-scenes

But the thing, is is that India's movies are filled with sex scenes.  I even saw one where a woman is raped, and they were not shy to show the whole process from beginning to end, cause they wanted to show how it started and how it ended understandably.

So why is it that in India, you see sex scenes in movies no problem, but a kissing scene in a Bond movie is too erotic for them to handle?  Unless there is some distinction that I am missing?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.   I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 2:07 am

ironpony wrote:
Unless there is some distinction that I am missing?

Going by the article written, it seems they cut out a few seconds to maintain a certain rating for a wide audience. This would be like a film being brought over to the US and having something cut out to maintain a PG-13 rating. Had the left the film as is, it probably would have been given their of an R rating.

Our own rating system is pretty screwed up as it is, with films being rated harshly for sex while the violence tends to get a pass.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.   I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:35 am

Only the kissing scenes were edited out, not the whole movie. Some countries find prolonged kissing to be unacceptable. Even if they have rape scenes in all their movies.

Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.   I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 am

Yeah I guess, I just thought that rape scenes in their movies was even more brave to have compared to kissing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.   I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said. Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't get how India banned this movie cause the kissing scenes were too erotic they said.
Page 1 of 1