More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.

Go down 
+2
Blunt Instrument
ironpony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. Empty
PostSubject: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am

It seems that of the two Bond movies, OHMSS was generally disliked upon release but now about half the fans say it's a very good and underrated Bond movie... And that Never Say Never Again was loved when it was released but half the Bond fans if not more, now hate it today.

Out of these two movies which seem to be love it or hate it entries, which one do you think is better?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 11:07 am

OHMSS. NSNA is an inferior Thunderball remake whose shortcomings were overriden at the time by the whole 'WOW, Connery is Bond again!' thing, whereas Majesty's was badly thought of at the time for the opposite reason ... it didn't have Connery.

Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Oh okay. Even though I'm not am not an NSNA fan and think it has it's flaws, I feel that it's still better than Thunderball, but Thunderball is like my 3rd worst Bond movie. Mainly I find Largo to be completely boring as a villain, and NSNA improves upon him a lot I thought. But it still has other problems.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 11:56 pm

laugh

These are incomparable. OHMSS by a landslide. And then an avalanche.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 am

OHMSS vs TB-lite feat. Mr Bean.

It's a tough one.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 am

This doesn't seem like a debate at all, though I understand the point ironpony makes about each having a 180 reversal in public opinion over the years.

Though I'd argue NSNA cannot even begin to understand where to compete with TB.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 am

But maybe that is why users are picking the 180 degree reversal. I agree on OHMSS as well, but would we all be agreeing if it was the 80s, or would we like the much more well liked at the time, NSNA?
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 1:11 am

I remember vividly always sticking up for both Laz and OHMSS as a kid before it got reevaluated. Just the same as I did and still do for DAF, TMWTGG and MR among others...so for me personally it's never been a matter of going with the feeling of the time. I remember finally seeing NSNA for the first time and wondering what in the absolute hell happened.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 5:16 pm

CJB wrote:
OHMSS vs TB-lite feat. Mr Bean.

It's a tough one.

laugh
I did love NSNA when it came out, but it could never compare to OHMSS.

It has definitely faded. NSNA, that is. OHMSS is a timeless classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.   On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again. Empty

Back to top Go down

On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. Never Say Never Again.
Page 1 of 1