More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill

Go down 
+3
CJB
AMC Hornet
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:57 am

hegottheboot wrote:
I still swear Alec Mills work is extremely undervalued. I just wish LTK didn't have the late 80's contrasty look but part of that is due to the lowered budget, Mexico shoot, Miami FL lab processing etc.
But the framing is always superb.

This is true, actually. Wonder how it would look without MGM's budget pressures.

hegottheboot wrote:
For me it's the shot of battered and bloodied Tim. THAT is the one moment where we have Fleming's all too human hero perfectly realized on the screen. The way he sighs with a sort of inwards shudder is like seeing the words come off the page and come to life.

I'd also add Connery and Brosnan having a drink after their respective days in DN and TND.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:20 pm

I was wondering the other day just how good LTK could've looked had it had the likes of Deakins involved and a big budget/ Although in a weird way I think the lack of budget works in LTK's favour. Yes, yes it looks off in parts but it's somehow beneficial.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:33 am

I've just taken a peek at the budgets of Daylights and then LTK ... 40 million and 32, respectively. I guess it's down to the skill of those involved that LTK doesn't really feel like it's 'skimping' in any way, at least not to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:39 am

I feel as though only the first half looks a lot cheaper. Even with setting the film in such a bar lends the film less extravagance. Once we get to Mexico, it automatically looks richer and doesn't seem all that much different to TLD, so I'd agree with you in that respect.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:57 am

I just take the likes of the 'Bond in a dodgy bar' scenes as part of Dalton's more down-to-Earth approach, although I'm grateful to this day that he doesn't actually drink any of that Bud and lime.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 pm

As I said elsewhere, you have to admire the dedication of the dancer in the bar scene to her act. She keeps going as long as she can.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 am

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licence-to-kill-113

So much vulnerability.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licence-to-kill-112

Great moment to adapt from LALD and makes for a chilling visual.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licence-to-kill-104

I like the way Bond holds his gun before heading into the bedroom.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licence-to-kill-124

Not the exact frame (I prefer the opening shot of the scene with the fish) but a nice bit of visual storytelling. Bond getting behind the front of the marine research to what's really going behind the scenes. Also looks pretty.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licence-to-kill-338

See note about Bond's holding the gun up.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:12 am

FieldsMan wrote:
hegottheboot wrote:
I still swear Alec Mills work is extremely undervalued. I just wish LTK didn't have the late 80's contrasty look but part of that is due to the lowered budget, Mexico shoot, Miami FL lab processing etc.
But the framing is always superb.

This is true, actually. Wonder how it would look without MGM's budget pressures.

hegottheboot wrote:
For me it's the shot of battered and bloodied Tim. THAT is the one moment where we have Fleming's all too human hero perfectly realized on the screen. The way he sighs with a sort of inwards shudder is like seeing the words come off the page and come to life.

I'd also add Connery and Brosnan having a drink after their respective days in DN and TND.

I also love the bit where Sean puts his head against the cool glass in the presumable tropical heat when in the hotel room at Sans Souci, a moment that always makes me think of Fleming describing Bond taking cool drinks upon arriving in hot climates.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:13 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
I was wondering the other day just how good LTK could've looked had it had the likes of Deakins involved and a big budget/ Although in a weird way I think the lack of budget works in LTK's favour. Yes, yes it looks off in parts but it's somehow beneficial.
Absolutely. Where most criticize it a 007 Miami Vice, it DOES fit the story and tone and make the experiment more obvious by being in line with contemporary darker 80's action thrillers.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm

It does absolutely fit the story. However I feel the question is whether it should be in a Bond film or not... It's not merely a flawed aesthetic in its photography and colour grade, but inherent in the writing.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 9:24 pm

when I rewatched it the other night was taken by an earlier truck explosion. The way it filled the screen. Almost CGI-esque and yet very much real.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Movie-10

or, his bad side is a dangerous place to be

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licens10
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Looks like an asshole who was bothering me on chess.com

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Licencetokill2
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 2:33 pm

CJB wrote:
Winkingfish.jpg

There ya go.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Fish

Always found this fish to be a healthy dose of benign bizarre, the very base version of the definition.

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Tumblr_pkeqehtZiW1tgh17uo1_1280

Whoever thought that was a good ornament for the foot of a double bed? laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Indeed. Bond's freaked-out double-take is entirely understandable.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm

It's almost equivalent to Bond coming to in OHMSS and seeing the angel on the Christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:55 am

Glad someone else made that parallel. Always thought so, myself.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 pm

The difference being Lazenby's suggestion is a vague WTF colgate
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 am

Surely Laz's finest 'WTF?' is the double-take at what the contents of the lab-beaker thrown at him have done to the glass next to him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Quite like Craig's homage to that moment too, in SF.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Surely Laz's finest 'WTF?' is the double-take at what the contents of the lab-beaker thrown at him have done to the glass next to him.  

That for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill   Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Frames: Licence to Kill
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2