More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Diana Rigg interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Diana Rigg interview Empty
PostSubject: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:18 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47870837

there's nothing like a dame (refreshing to read a mention of OHMSS and no subsequent bashing of GL by Dame Diana)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 7:31 am

Interesting read. Great she's enjoyed the glory of Game of Thrones.

Wish there was more than a mere mention of OHMSS, but for it to be referenced at all is always good.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 pm

I think a bullet dodged about no more on OHMSS. Whenever I've seen interviews of late, invariably she either lays into Lazenby or says she carried him throughout the film. It seems at odds with how she was with him at the time, I always assumed at the time they kind of got on. Maybe I misread stuff. But then she is as old as she is and entitled to being a bit curmudgeonly.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 1:47 am

The photos certainly suggest that they did get along. Looks like they had great fun. I recall reading somewhere that she wanted something serious with Lazenby, but he didn't... Maybe he's the one that got away, for her...?

Let's be honest though, she did carry Lazenby, even if Hunt did do an exceptional job of getting the performance we did get from him. Part of that is the idea of casting such a talent in the role.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 8:29 pm

It's plausible she was the one or he was the one that got away for her. I wouldn't lay great weight behind that. I am sure I heard him say once, he had some kind of tent set up some place or something and he was 'visiting' girls there shall we say and Diana Rigg came past when one came out and she got all huffy after that. But then depending what you read, he would turn up at a party at Piz Gloria pissed he wasn't invited first (or got star billing), that Peter Hunt ignored him for most of the shoot, that they all carried him.

Maybe I should get that book about the film. Put it all to bed, ha. I don't see her as carrying him as such, I'm either that dense (I don't always see Connery as bored in YOLT for example) or it was not as bad. He did his bit, he did his best. The crying shame is that he didn't get a few more films to get going. I personally think he would have gotten better. I mean seven films he was signed up for, supposedly and assuming he stayed and it went as it did for Connery/Moore that would take him up to what, Octopussy?

Anyway...She's a game girl.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 4:24 am

Oh it's not to say that Lazenby didn't do his bit, but certainly being in scenes opposite Rigg (and Ferzetti and Savalas too) would have grounded him in the moment. I agree, he would have grown in the role and would have loved to have seen the series venture off into more OHMSS (and FRWL/TB) styled movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Rigg interview   Diana Rigg interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Diana Rigg interview
Page 1 of 1