More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby Empty
PostSubject: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:48 am

http://bit.ly/2WDrihO
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyFri May 10, 2019 8:38 am

Link doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyFri May 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Link doesn't work.

Try this one:
https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/10/robert-sellers-talks-about-his-broccoli-saltzman-book/

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyFri May 10, 2019 10:16 pm

I'M SO EXCITED! Book of the year for me easily.

Currently reading Some Kind of Hero and the best part has been the detailing of the partnership and how it broke down. The biggest bombshell was the confirming that the alternating started on YOLT and not LALD.

Harry's contribution is so undervalued. Every time I say Broccoli and Saltzman anywhere I usually get some questions over who I'm talking about. I think that when it all broke apart the films lost that magic spark he had. 999 ideas of which 950 were bad, but then those few gems no one else could come up with. I don't think he was the easiest person to deal with and was like oil to Cubby's water-but the combination of these completely differing people with surprisingly similar ideas is what made the series come to life. The continual writing Harry out of the history really bothers me whether intended or not.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptySat May 11, 2019 1:14 am

Interesting read, thanks NP! Great title for the book. Battle for Bond was such an engrossing read so I'm sure Sellers' new book will be in the same vein.

Ah you ended up getting SKOH! Some of Saltzman's ideas were bizarre, but when he was on, he was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyMon May 13, 2019 4:28 am

The new book is already in my wishlist for it's eventual publication release date.

I can't get through SKOH fast enough. I've only had time to slow myself down and do a chapter at a time to digest it all properly. Some is replicated from the usual sources but the best bits are the unedited/unscrubbed pieces which finally answer some long standing questions for me, chiefly among those being how much did Tom Mankiewicz do on TSWLM and MR.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptyMon May 13, 2019 10:42 am

Some of the info regarding Tom's involvement in MR we discussed here. Feel free to add to if something was missed:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t3551-moonraker-in-development

Back to When Harry Met Cubby, it's probably a good thing it won't get released for some time. I have too much reading to get through right now, and I just ordered the Closer Look at AVTAK book you suggested, HGTB.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby EmptySun May 19, 2019 3:55 am

Good! I think you'll quite enjoy it. It's a nice slim volume that's one of the better critical analysis's I've seen of Bond in print. At first I thought it was a joke since very few outside of here take AVTAK seriously but was beyond overjoyed when I found it to be well reasoned and for a film book inexpensive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby   Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby Empty

Back to top Go down

Robert Sellers interview about When Harry Met Cubby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: