More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

ralphthemoviemaker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm

I thought I'd share this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOP932jwt9g

It's not his best work, and he will not be for everybody, but this review makes me laugh.  He makes an absolute mockery of Spectre.  He's off on a couple of things, but for the most part is right on.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 am

That introduction... laugh laugh laugh

I'll have to come back when I have more time to watch the whole thing. Should be a hoot.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 am

First time I've watched a review from him. Very funny and entertaining. I don't totally agree on everything but he certainly nailed a lot of the basic problems with the film particularly the theme song and boring characters.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 3:07 am

Good stuff. That intro is outstanding!

Needed more around the desecration of Blofeld's character though.
Back to top Go down
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying it! Yeah, the intro caught my attention, too. As is said, mockery!

I didn't get the Turkish Airlines joke until I watched his Batman vs. Superman review. Apparently there was a bizarre corporate marketing tie-in with Turkish Airlines for that movie.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Watched the whole thing earlier. Bang on about Spectre though the dancing girls in the titles sequence is a highlight, in my opinion, especially the ink-haired girls over the bridge. But his low opinion on the LALD titles sequence, the 80s/90s Bonds being silly (I mean, has he not seen the 70s era?) and the CR love (calling the Bond of that film smart and charismatic is a joke, surely!) makes me question his wider knowledge of 007.
Back to top Go down
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I thought you'd like the fact that when he was talking about what makes a great Bond film, he used Brosnan footage almost exclusively!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 am

That part wasn't so bad. smile

Though it's at odds with him saying Bond films in the 80s/90s became silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ralphthemoviemaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: ralphthemoviemaker   ralphthemoviemaker Empty

Back to top Go down

ralphthemoviemaker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: