More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument

Go down 
+9
Makeshift Python
hegottheboot
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Hilly
T.A. Ferguson
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument Empty
PostSubject: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 am

Thought we'd set up one of these. A member can nominate another whose posts, presence, humour, etc. they appreciate. Every fortnight, a new member is chosen.

I'd like to kick off the first one for...

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument 639-72
T.A. Ferguson.

Thought it appropriate as he's just clocked over 50 posts, and 1 month here at the forum. According to our ranking system, he's now a Universal Exports employee!

In a short time, T.A. has contributed many great posts. Sensible, sometimes humorous comments that have added a fresh perspective to this place. And his linking to Bond 25 news is both thoughtful (especially for a new member) and very much appreciated. He's even posted some fan fiction (which I'll endeavour to get to within these two weeks, T.A.)!

And who am I to ignore his trademark laugh response:

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument Omegam10

laugh

Bond And Beyond Appreciation Honourees:
T.A. Ferguson
Makeshift Python
Sarai
hegottheboot
Blunt Instrument

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:48 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 2:18 am

Thank You very much! Humbling.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Ah, there are shades of that thread Kitts used to do on old MI6. Like it Fields. Well, why not, TA you've made an impression already. Though I've seen a few Norm MacDonald videos in the past weeks to think it was a tribute (username) for "Turd Ferguson" so I apologise.

That damn Heston pic Fields. I want to say Earthquake.

Keep it up TA, this forum has long needed fresh blood. colgate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Turd Ferguson....I get that a lot, even my wife calls me that!

As for the Chucky H. laughing pic, it's from The Omega Man.

Ol" Chucky's teeth looked like a mouthful of peanut butter Capt'n Crunch cereal...

https://youtu.be/KVrYGXHN5aQ
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Ah, I figured it was either Earthquake or Omega. Got to love Heston in his way. Though I fear the last film of his I think I watched was either Airport '75 or Ben-Hur. Two very different films.

Well, I won't refer to you as Turd. colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 am

Apologies for being slack on this one... Life gets in the way and all that.

We could spend the next fortnight acknowledging a veteran member... One who has spent quite a bit of time collating comparison pics and discussions into the home releases of the Bond films for us to decide which suits our own tastes best. It's quite a task I imagine, and something I'm sure is exclusive to our forum thanks to his efforts. And this is all between his other posts here too!

You all know who I'm talking about:

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument 19-20
Makeshift Python

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 1:54 am

I have nothing but praise for MP. One of the seasoned veterans from The Old Place and a key contributor here in The New Place. Always provides insightful opinions on all things Bond. A toast to the Python!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 11:21 am

My second favourite Python, after Monty.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Well my Python boot is too tight!
I couldn't get it off last night!
A week went by/
And now it's July!
I finally got it off and my girlfriend cried,
"You got stinkfoot!"

That's Zappa, BTW...

As for our Python, he's my second favorite Bond python after the one that had a crush on Sir Roger.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 6:03 pm

great thread idea and congratulations Makeshift Python
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 3:23 am

To date Python has been just about the only person on any Bond forum that actually understands my technobabble about video editions. Cheers mate!
Back to top Go down
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 3:36 am

OUTSTANDING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 pm

tip of the hat to Python. On the quiet done a lot via the social media pages to plug away this little ol' forum. One of the old guard from the old days and hopefully around a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:08 am

Appreciating the... appreciation. ;)

As for screencaps, I'm about to post OHMSS comparisons in just a bit, so happy to continue the work here!
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 3:56 am

Next up we have a new member, who has already clocked up almost 300 posts. She has been a great contributor to the site with a sense of humour that fits in very nicely here at BAB. Always a pleasure to see her posts, in part because they coexist with a bikini pic of Britt Ekland.

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument 649-11

To Sarai!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 am

She's made a big impact in a short space of time, and is an absolute delight. A very welcome addition to the forum!

smile
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:16 pm

At first I thought it was Ambler hiding under an alter account.

Then I wasn't sure.

Good going though, we need more female members thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm

wow

I'm not kidding when I say this is the last thread I ever expected my name to be mentioned in lol

I love you guys, you are all the best xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm

My tip of the hat of course, Sarai. Fresh blood is always welcomed here and there's been tentative posts, straight in like Flint. A breath of fresh air. Hopefully, you'll stick around for a long time yet.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm

She's like the morning champagne Mr. Osato extolls; she adds a sparkle to the day.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 4:32 am

It's nice to have someone energize the BAB. And a fellow diehard TMWTGG fan!

A pleasure to have you onboard Sarai.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm

" A member can nominate another whose posts, presence, humour, etc. they appreciate."

I didn't know we could nominate and while I love everyone here I go with hegottheboot for his movie knowledge brought to the board. he really should have won it before my general buffoonery lol :)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 am

Great suggestion!

His appreciation for the first five (and better) Bonds, his excellent posts and vast film knowledge, cinephile hegottheboot deserves some praise. Rest assured, he'll never get the boot from this place.

To hegottheboot!
Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument 229-9
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 am

Thanks very much! Glad to be here where I can be free to debate...in nauseating detail!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:36 pm

And I'll be here to (mostly) agree. LALD and SF are the biggest exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument   Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Appreciation Thread: Blunt Instrument
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: