More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains

Go down 
+4
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
hegottheboot
T.A. Ferguson
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains Empty
PostSubject: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 2:59 am

I'm really not impressed with the silly villains that have been in the Craig era of Bond, with the notable exception of Jesper Christensen's Mr. White.

Christoph Waltz and Mathieu Amalric's Blofield & Greene were about as intimidating as snippy gay wedding planners, on the verge of hissy fits. They'd probably be very gifted indeed at picking out crockery and window drapes for Spectre's secret lair, but I have nieces that'd beat them both within an inch of their lives and never break a nail.

Waltz's Blofield and Amalric's Greene.....They probably laid on the floor of Spectre's lair and scissor-fucked like a couple of lesbians.....

Actors who'd play excellent Main Villains:

Charles Dance: Yeah I know he already played a henchman in FYEO, but check him out in Strike Back, he was excellent as the main antagonist.

Stellen Skarsgard: It's a pity he's never been awarded an Oscar. He'd be an imposing Blofield.

Yorick van Wageningen : Creepy fucker from the American "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and as the vile black hat hacker in the movie of the same name, "Black Hat".

Ray Winstone: I'd just like to see him be physically cruel and beat the hell out of people in a 007 adventure.

Ritchie Coster: He'd make for an excellent Corsican or Maltese Syndicate killer or some such....very effective villain in "Happy" (US TV series), True Detective Season 2 and one hell of a heavy duty killer in "Black Hat".

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 4:14 am

Willem Dafoe deserves a real shot at the title as even in the EON game he still came across well with Brozzer.
And of course we missed out on Anthony Hopkins on TND so he could perhaps be picked again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Always said Ciaran Hinds would be a good one. A shady Civil Service type.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
Willem Dafoe deserves a real shot at the title as even in the EON game he still came across well with Brozzer.
And of course we missed out on Anthony Hopkins on TND so he could perhaps be picked again.

Yes Dafoe and Hinds both would be great, as would Ken Watanabe.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 pm

I'd keep Watanabe for a Tiger Tanaka-esque role in a faithful YOLT adaptation.

I agree about Skarsgard and Dafoe. Dance might be great, actually. Never entertained that idea. Sebastian Koch or Ben Becker would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Christopher Plummer back in the day. Eighties Plummer maybe.

But Skarsgard and Dafoe are good calls.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 6:29 am

Plummer today would be interesting. He isn't showing signs of slowing down.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 7:56 am

Definite Bond villain vibes from Skarsgard in Chernobyl.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 8:47 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Plummer today would be interesting. He isn't showing signs of slowing down.

indeed. I read an interview in the Times' Saturday mag a couple of years ago and they asked him about fears or some such. He said he feared never completing a film/play, that the end would come and he wouldn't be ready for it and essentially, he'll keep on until that end comes. I wish I could find the interview now, quite a moving piece somehow.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 am

Unimaginable to be thinking about your own mortality at that age despite a thirst for life.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm

I can only, well, imagine. He'll be 90 in December. Been a hero of mine since I saw Battle of Britain/Star Trek VI and yes Sound of Music all within the space of a year in 1992/93.

Total aside, but if you have the chance, read his memoirs (In Spite of Myself), absolute riot.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Gave By The Sea a rewatch the other day and thought this guy has the presence and look of a Bond villain. Great actor.

Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains 50n2wy0n3ynonwy
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Getting "Viiiigooooooo" vibes from Ghostbusters II
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 3:31 am

If it were up to me there's nothing wrong in going for either Malcolm McDowell or Terrence Stamp as both could really, REALLY excel at doing the innate coldness of evil that Fleming wrote of.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Starting to think Sam Neill would be a decent turn. He seems to enjoy such roles from time to time so we could full Ham-Neill or something quite delicious in its way. Maybe find a way to promote his wine as well. ("Nice watch/"Rolex")

Back in the day I'd have suggested Peter Bowles perhaps. Sort of a bigger version of his brief turn in The Prisoner ("A, B and C")
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 12:19 am

Does he still do big budget stuff? Only really see him pop up in smaller local films these days. New film called Palm Beach is getting a release in Oz on Thursday with Bryan Brown. Rachel Ward directing. It's a dinner party by the looks of things.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 10:04 am

Malek's casting does at least suggest the possibility of a decent climactic 'mano-a-mano' scrap between Bond and the main villain ... in fairness QOS tried but apart from that we've had Le Chiffre killed by someone else (yeah yeah yeah, I know that's how it goes in the novel BUT STILL), Silva knifed in the back (but not as the result of a face-to-face tussle) and Blofeld shot down then locked up.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Does he still do big budget stuff? Only really see him pop up in smaller local films these days. New film called Palm Beach is getting a release in Oz on Thursday with Bryan Brown. Rachel Ward directing. It's a dinner party by the looks of things.

I don't know to be honest. Not so much now, he's what, 72 now. At this moment, I'd say he's preferring smaller independent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 am

Hilly wrote:

Yes, he's at the top of my list. As well as:

Sigourney Weaver
Gillian Anderson
Tilda Swinton

Wouldn't hurt to bring a little star power back to the casting. That's why I like the hiring of Rami. Everything else in the Craig-verse has been dreadful outside of Javier Bardem.

Time has passed for Anthony Hopkins. I think if he was ever going to be a villain it would've been long ago. I think EON has moved on and his career isn't at a place where it brings anything to the table. In other words: he's not hot right now nor likely to be ever again based on his age.

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 11:34 am

Gary Oldman because he is Gary Oldman
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Yes, he's at the top of my list. As well as:

Sigourney Weaver
Gillian Anderson
Tilda Swinton

Wouldn't hurt to bring a little star power back to the casting. That's why I like the hiring of Rami. Everything else in the Craig-verse has been dreadful outside of Javier Bardem.

Time has passed for Anthony Hopkins. I think if he was ever going to be a villain it would've been long ago. I think EON has moved on and his career isn't at a place where it brings anything to the table. In other words: he's not hot right now nor likely to be ever again based on his age.

I'd like to see Gillian Anderson. In anything.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 am

Why not just go for the big guns and lure in all the great thespians you can. I think even Patrick Stewart could do a hell of a job as the villain.

Or of course Daniel Day Lewis could get some more award wins.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 11:56 am

Unless he actually means the 'retired from acting' thing this time laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm

I can't see DDL ever doing Bond sadly. Though it'd be one of the greatest preparations behind the scenes, what with his taste for method acting.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 am

'I'll need the use of a secret lair staffed by several jumpsuited henchmen for 6 months before production commences'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains   Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains Empty

Back to top Go down

Actors i'd like to see as Bond Villains
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next