More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+14
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Morland_Specials
Gravity's Silhouette
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Salomé
Santa
bitchcraft
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 12:42 pm

I think when Cage appears in something decent these days it's more by accident than design, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 9:27 am

I knew who he was but I'm pretty sure that's the first movie I've ever seen him in, so I had no baggage and thought he was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm

The Game - hadn't seen this David Fincher 'rug-pulling' thriller with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn since its release. Entertaining, but as it goes on its implausibilities become harder to swallow.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 8:50 pm

my brother and his girlfriend were watching Game Night. I was suitably unimpressed with it for the first half hour and went to bed, chiefly as I had work. Such is my taste in films, I just couldn't face the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 8:47 am

It's not so bad Hilly, but I guess you could say that it shares an issue with its almost-namesake I posted about - as they go on, it becomes harder to believe that the people involved would go to the lengths to put the protagonists through what they go through.

Game Night does have the excuse of being a comedy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 8:27 pm

Perhaps. Apparently it got good enough reviews to earn the possible mention of a sequel. Ordinarily I don't mind Bateman (as such) but meh, I dunno anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:57 am

The Untouchables. Hadn't seen it for several years and stoked to find Clifton James in it!

Expertly crafted film. And it looks fantastic on blu!
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 pm

I had to look that one up and now that I see Brian De Palma directed I want to see it.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:43 am

Even with Clifton James? tongue

It's very good. De Palma is becoming one of my favourite directors. Check out Dressed to Kill if you can. Discovered it earlier this year and still think about it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:16 am

The Fugitive - very enjoyable big-screen version of the classic TV series. Ford is as good as ever, but the show is somewhat stolen by Tommy Lee Jones' Oscar-winning supporting turn as the doggedly determined US Marshal on his tail.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 2:54 am

Well somebody really failed to warn me about that shower scene in Dressed To Kill
Back to top Go down
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 2:57 am

Experiment in Terror 1962. Glenn Ford & Lee Remick. Director Blake Edwards.

Excellent noir thriller about a mysterious man who threatens a bank teller to force her to steal $100,000 from her bank or he'll kill her and her teenage sister.

Glenn Ford is the FBI man Ripley, who she turns to for help along with the San Francisco Detective, played by Clifton James......I had a great time watching it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am

De Palma is known to be a Hitchcock obsessive, and as such Dressed To Kill has always looked like somewhat of a Psycho rip-off to me.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 am

Grizzly Man another excellent documentary by Herzog

there is just something about his movies/docs that gives me more empathy and love for humans all around
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 3:49 am

Mackenna's Gold

An absolutely bizarre experience that is both fascinating and head scratching. The studio apparently butchered a 70mm roadshow by forcing them to shoot in 35mm half the time and cutting a 3+ hour film to 2 hours. It is a completely bizarre thing to see such talent on all sides go to waste and yet there are great moments in here and total inspirations for the Indiana Jones series. (Lucas was a student observer)

I've meant to see this for years and am a giant Guns of Navarone fan. This film has moments of greatness and the performances are great when actors are allowed to shine. There is a great film here that was simply not allowed to be. Thus it is a failure that some will hate but I can't stop thinking about all of the good things in it. It does drag on because of the severe cutting and has weird edits all over the place to try and hide the drastic cuts. So a two hour film feels much longer because of this.

When the 70mm location photography is onscreen the work is gorgeous btu of course we only have a soft dupey looking old DVD to look at. Then the switch to constant studio footage and projection is laughable until you get to some mind bogglingly bad effects work that must have been horrible on the 70mm screen.
But for 1969 this has an amazing sound mix for a six track magnetic mix so on that level this is a technical marvel.

But the effects and rear projection stick out horribly compared to the lovely 70mm work and interesting bits of camera placement and overall this film is a colossal waste that bombed in the US but for some insane reason became a runaway success and beloved title in both India and Russia of all places.

SOMEBODY has got to do a new scan of this and at least give some idea of all the stuff that was ripped out. This is a completely bizarre film I can't stop thinking about because it's just so darn odd and nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Hobbs and Shaw.

Meathead action comedy and a fun watch.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 am

A Lonely Place To Die - a group of friends on a hiking-and-climbing holiday in the Scottish Highlands stumble across a child being held captive in a pit, free her and head for the nearest town in order to get her to safety and inform the authorities ... however, it's not long before the kidnappers are in pursuit. 

Quite engaging chase thriller, with Melissa George and Sean Harris.  
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 am

Good Boys - sort of like if the Inbetweeners had been 12 year old Americans. Pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Crawl - this 'OH SHIT, 'GATOR-INFESTED FLORIDA FLOODWATERS!' flick is basically a classier version of the sort of thing that regularly clags up the SyFy/Horror Channel's daytime schedules. Quite fun, and at a snappy (sorry) 87 minutes it doesn't outstay its welcome.

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 7:25 am

Is November Man a decent movie and worth watching for Brosnan fans?
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 2:17 am

Pink Floyd-The Wall

I can't believe people watch that one on acid and I doubt I will ever watch it again. Yes it's that good, brilliant, and the album is one of the best ever but just like with the album alone I am so emotionally exhausted now. Just drained, soul sucked out of me.
I need happy time now.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

Patriots Day - gripping, well-paced drama about the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers which despite being released only 3 years after the event manages not to feel cheaply exploitative. With Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, John Goodman, JK Simmons and Michelle Monaghan.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 9:55 pm

I went old, as usual -Logan's Run.

I like it more than I should probably, there are moments that make me snort for a moment with humour but I won't budge. It could be a bit more polished in parts and perhaps out of the City it loses its way but then the whole idea is Logan finding Sanctuary so he can't locked in. However, it features one of my favourites as a child via Raise The Titanic, and since, the late Richard Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 1:20 am

Sarai wrote:
Is November Man a decent movie and worth watching for Brosnan fans?

It's solid but feels a little B-grade. Certainly check it out!

BI wrote:
Patriots Day - gripping, well-paced drama about the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers which despite being released only 3 years after the event manages not to feel cheaply exploitative. With Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, John Goodman, JK Simmons and Michelle Monaghan.

Been curious to check this one out. On that review I'll bump it up a few spots on my list!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:59 am

The Chairman (1969)

This film is Bizarre. Bizarrely edited with a bizarre tone that goes all over the place. Forgotten today with middling to negative reviews.

Yet I've tried to see this film for years and found myself enjoying it through its weirdness. Gregory Peck plays an ex-spy professor who goes to China in the midst of the Cold War in a US-British-Soviet joint mission to retrieve a formula for growth enzymes. And yes, setup wise it's very TORN CURTAIN esque.

A communication device is installed in his skull to permit satellite transmission back to HQ so they can hear his entire journey...except for the fact the neglect to tell him that there is a small explosive charge inside the device that can be implemented if they feel the mission is going sour or when he comes into contact with the titular character...aka where John Carpenter probably got the idea for the similar device in Escape From NY.

I always knew of this as the movie where they put a bomb inside Greg Peck's head and darn it if it doesn't somehow work! Sure it's problematic as hell and will cause you to throw your arms up in incredulity but Peck is stunningly charismatic in essentially a Bondian role and J Lee Thompson directs many scenes very well despite the tone and script being all over the place. The scene where Peck's character actually meets Chairman Mao is handled brilliantly and is multilayered to say the very least. The action climax is well cut and then the tag ending has echoes of 3 Days of the Condor almost.

Basically had this been made five years later it would have been darker and better. As it stands it is intellectual, well made if inefficient and somewhat plodding. Which of course makes it better than 99% of what hits screens today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next