More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)

Go down 
+18
Lobelia Overhill
bitchcraft
UndiscoveredCountry
The White Tuxedo
MOO7RE
Fae
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Mr. Trevelyan
dr. strangelove
Louis Armstrong
Salomé
Richard Hannay
Largo's Shark
GeneralGogol
Control
Jack Wade
Makeshift Python
danslittlefinger
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MOO7RE
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
MOO7RE

Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:24 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
Let me know if there are tits.

Harrison Ford?

Daniel Craig?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:10 am

This film in no way looks interesting to me, despite my interest in westerns, science fiction, and Harrison Ford's tits.
Back to top Go down
UndiscoveredCountry

UndiscoveredCountry

Location : Watching my favorite franchises get successfully rebooted

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs

Seems most critics don't think much of Cowboys & Aliens (it has a 43% on RT right now), though Roger Ebert and Michael Phillips both liked it. After a month of more spectacular and/or better-reviewed blockbusters, I'm not terribly enthused about this, though I'll probably check it out on Netflix when it arrives on there.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:38 pm

It's underperforming, opened with about 13m and will most likely be beaten by The Smurfs. I'm taking my daughter to see The Smurfs too.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:00 am

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
When I heard the name of this movie, I laughed hard. Is there more cheesy and clichéd title than this? laugh

AFAIK it's a title often used for a movie that's in production that either they haven't settled on a title for or are trying to hide what they're doing a la Return of the Jedi being called Blue Harvest

(mine of useless information, me!)
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 am

If you read the reaction to its disappointing box office results so far, one of the reasons stated is that they decided to play it straight as opposed to having a bit fun with the undeniably silly concept.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:35 pm

I think the concept associated with the title has drawn way too much attention, resulting in unrealistic expectations of the film, leading people to be disappointed. I thought it was still fun and it met all my expectations. It's first and foremost a western adventure, with the aliens substituting for a band of thieves common to the genre. I was actually impressed by how Favreau restrained the use of sci-fi elements.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Quote :
The Inbetweeners leaves the cowboys flat on their faces

As box office battles go, last weekend’s wasn’t just bloody. It was flat-out embarrassing.

In the red corner, we had Cowboys & Aliens: a film that boasts two hugely popular action stars in Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, a winkingly hip premise and enough bus stop advertising behind it to wallpaper a Boeing 747 hangar.

But Hollywood reckoned without the four scrawny twerps in the blue corner.

The Inbetweeners Movie, a spin-off from the popular E4 sitcom, follows a group of hapless teenage lads on a boozy holiday to Malia, Crete, in which they pull down each others’ trousers and swear a lot.

This film took £13.2 million and topped the UK box office over the weekend, with the help of two days of paid previews. Cowboys & Aliens, on the other hand, took £1.8 million over the same period.

To put The Inbetweeners Movie’s triumph into context, it took more money on its opening weekend than Avatar (£8.3 million), the most recent installment in the Pirates Of The Caribbean series (£11.5 million) and even got near to the last James Bond film (£15.5 million).

Cowboys & Aliens, meanwhile, opened in fourth place behind Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, a not-particularly-hyped blockbuster in its second week of release, and – this has got to hurt – The Smurfs 3D.

It’s a fascinating, watershed moment, from which the film industry will naturally learn all of the wrong lessons.

Firstly, given the astronomical sums of money The Inbetweeners Movie made – it’s almost certainly paid off its £3.5 million budget already, even taking cinemas’ cut of the profits and advertising costs into account – the days of sitcoms ending on two-part TV specials are long gone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/8716264/The-Inbetweeners-leaves-the-cowboys-flat-on-their-faces.html
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

so this is now at the dollar movie, yes, the $1 movie and on Tuesdays, all day Tuesdays every week, 52 weeks a year, it's 75 cents.

Is it worth 75 cents or $1 and 2 hrs of my time?

(plus travel time to and from the theater and gasoline/wear and tear on my car)

p.s. it's either Cowboys and Aliens or Captain America: The First Avenger, both movies start at the same $1 theater today
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Go with CAPTAIN AMERICA, j7.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Sharky wrote:
Go with CAPTAIN AMERICA, j7.
Yep.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:50 am

I watched this today for $1.

This movie doesn't know what it wants to be and it borrows heavily from everything else!

Cannot believe Craig and Ford signed up for this crap and Spielberg produced it!

0.5/5
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 am

Unbelievably, this turd with the ice cream sprinkles will cross the US$100 MILLION mark at the domestic US box office by the time Wednesday's receipts (ie today's) are factored in.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=cowboysandaliens.htm
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:04 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Unbelievably, this turd with the ice cream sprinkles will cross the US$100 MILLION mark at the domestic US box office by the time Wednesday's receipts (ie today's) are factored in.

the movie cost $163 million to make so unless it makes 1.5x it's budget including overseas box office, it's a flop!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:03 am

It'll probably break even (at best) after DVD sales. Still is a massive failure, especially compared to the Smurfs (which was released in the same week, if memory serves). It must hurt to lose out to little blue men after the amount of hype that surrounded C&A.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:23 am

The Dutch Boxoffice $996,633 in 5 weeks start with a theater count of 87. The movie release date changed with that other movie of Spielberg whyle the movie include posters be promoted for 11 August is released on 25 August. In other words if you own that poster and not the one with comingsoon on it you can trow it in the garbage. In the last week the movie have a theater count of 26 and lost 37 theater counts from the week before. At the moment in the year list the movie end on the 53th place.

Final Destination 5 in 3D (Note that tickets cost € 13,50 whyle C&A cost € 11,00.) have the same release date and in 5 weeks $1,610,381 with a theater count of 68. In the fift week the movie have theater count of 57. C&A be trow out of the Top 20 after 5 weeks, Final Destinatio 5 after 6 weeks. in 6 weeks it deliever $1,634,172 with the last week having a theater count of 32. At the moment in the year list the movie end on the 31th place.

Super 8 (11 August) that other Spielberg movie stays on the 34th place and have deliever $1,608,918. Acceptable Boxoffice for that kind of movie.

It is a movie i like to see, but only because of Daniel Craig and mabey also because of Olivia en de mix of Cowboys with Aliens. But the fact the movie get a almoost empty dvd release and BD/DVD combo pack made it a release who going to take verry long before it end in my collection if this already happend. I don't have BD player yet and there are others movies with BD/DVD combo like the Iron Man 2 - 3 disc who stay on my wish list and don't have a very high price drop yet and i rejected to buy the dvd. Buying that dvd feels the same as buying 1 disc version with previous 2 disc SE - 1 disc dvd war. It be shame there don't make a 2 disc SE from the start or extra option like the first Iron Man or Transformers.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:08 pm

j7wild wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

the movie cost $163 million to make so unless it makes 1.5x it's budget including overseas box office, it's a flop!

The only flop bigger this summer was GREEN LANTERN. C&A did so poorly that apparently it caused Disney a lot of concern about green-lighting THE LONE RANGER, even with Johnny Depp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)   Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys and Aliens - 2011 (Craig, Ford and Wilde)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2