More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Go down 
+2
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 10:49 pm

This is certainly fruitful ground.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen22

Gorgeous shot.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen24

Just so happens that a gallery of beautiful women converge with Bond's mission. Brilliant.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen23

Bond finally discovering the 'other side' of Piz Gloria, perfectly represented in the mirrored shot.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen27

As you may have noticed in the other Favourite Frames threads, when a girl hangs off Bond's arms, it's a thumbs up from me. This perhaps is the only time she's done so but with a fierceness behind the eyes. Tracy is vulnerable but so capable, and Rigg portrays it so beautifully.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen26

One of the many iconic shots of OHMSS.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Screen25

Who doesn't like a lens flare?

Also, phallic imagery? This part of Bond's mission being led by his dick? I jest.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Those are all terrific, but we've got to include at least one of the greatest Blofeld of them all.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Blofeld2
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 7:24 pm

I can't seem to see the frames, Fields.

Otherwise, I will be along with these at some point. As Oates once said, I may be some time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Odd, since PK can see them.

Though I haven't been able to load the photos in MP's 4K thread. Hmm...

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 11:04 pm

I've refreshed my page etc but nothing going sadly. Though having seen the film so many times I can virtually see them colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Aha, I came here to say I'll have my frames up and now can see yours, Fields. Fantastic choices, the last two especially.

I was about to say that Over and Out (as I'll dub the scene) has a couple of shots, there's one of the gunners but one but of the helicopters as they reach Piz Gloria.

Have to get cracking. I have too many in some respects.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 2:11 am

Just link the whole damn film, Hilly. You know you want to. colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Ha, I might have to. I mean little angles and what not come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 11:26 am

It's a crime Hunt didn't get to direct more of 'em. Fine looking film.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:16 pm

Exactly what Hilly and I have been talking about on Facey. The truest successor to Terence Young.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 7:59 pm

well here we go, we can't do the whole film but let's do a fist of it...Part 1

always like the silhouette of Bond to the opening of the theme. And Bond hanging from the clock.
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna35

Love this silhouetting here and the lens flare. How this is Campbell's vision of Blofeld et al
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna33

Always something epic about this scene
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna34

from this earlier half of the film, I would've included if it was easier the shot of Bond against Draco's office door -how the camera pans out with him knife in hand or how they focus the calendar as Draco puts on his specs and then smudge it when he takes the specs away. Or the pan out after Bond is locked in the cable car barn and you see the scope of his prison.

again, love the image of the snow flying up and Bond arcing across the plain.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna37

The grim if outright savagery of Bond's expression and the angle. This film is full of fantastic angles and long shots

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna36
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 8:05 pm

Part 2

if anything makes you fall in love with Tracy it's this shot (that and the one of Bond gazing at her)
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna40

in love with these close-ups of the couple (coupled with the panning shot of them lying together just before)

"I'm not, I'm thinking about us."
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna39

Fields took one of my ideas but prior to the shot of the bad guys, this of our intrepid couple
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna38

another image to convey sheer epic-ness. You see our intrepid couple and you see the bad guys and...the Alps
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna42

something about this shot, a classic Hunt shot
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna41

"Mer-cy flight!"
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna43
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Part 3
Attack!
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna46

Ski Bond
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna45

Devastation. Fade to black.
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna44

ideally I wanted to cap Tracy's appearance at the ice rink. There are gif's of it but it's a favourite moment in the series.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:18 pm

Great choices, Hilly!

Has M's office ever looked that moody again?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:28 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Those are all terrific, but we've got to include at least one of the greatest Blofeld of them all.

I always liked the way he held his ciggies.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I always liked the way he held his ciggies.

Yep. Almost enough for me to take up the cancer stix again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm

One thing I twigged as I went through these, is how unflappable Blofeld is when Bond goes to get him after seeing Campbell's body. No reaction at all other than smugness. Would've made it all the more satisfying to see Lazenby's Bond kill Savalas' Blofeld in a revenge-driven DAF.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Yep, to see that smugness fade away as he realises he's dying-- and with Lazenby causing it-- would have been something.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 8:23 pm

Considering the weight Lazenby put into his action scenes, he might well have carried on and actually killed Savalas.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 am

What OHMSS has visually over the series is that
1. It is the lone film shot by Michael Reed who had a different visual style-and he worked with Peter Hunt to try and have the Swiss locations come across naturally and fit the visuals of the rest of the film. It caused havoc trying to shoot in PG's open glass vistas though! There is immediacy because most of the visuals are held in and the more intimate nature of the story is kept intact which is refreshing after the two previous films being about go bigger than ever.
2. Johnny Jordan used his special rig on the aerial shots and literally hung down below the helicopter to achieve the shots. This combined with Willy Bogner's astonishing moving ski footage and John Glen trying to maintain hunt's editing style makes every single one of these sequences truly feel involving.

I adore the soft haze usage in the barn sequence. The way Reed lit Diana Rigg in that moment really makes Tracy come off the screen and underscore her importance.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Two salient and fantastic points. Had we not had Reed, OHMSS would not be what it is in terms of style. Didn't Jordan almost get killed doing that shot? Something like it was the flimsiest of rigs or something.

I'll be adding a couple more frames soon. Keep OHMSS50 going forever.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:05 am

hegottheboot wrote:
What OHMSS has visually over the series is that
1. It is the lone film shot by Michael Reed who had a different visual style-and he worked with Peter Hunt to try and have the Swiss locations come across naturally and fit the visuals of the rest of the film. It caused havoc trying to shoot in PG's open glass vistas though! There is immediacy because most of the visuals are held in and the more intimate nature of the story is kept intact which is refreshing after the two previous films being about go bigger than ever.
2. Johnny Jordan used his special rig on the aerial shots and literally hung down below the helicopter to achieve the shots. This combined with Willy Bogner's astonishing moving ski footage and John Glen trying to maintain hunt's editing style makes every single one of these sequences truly feel involving.

I adore the soft haze usage in the barn sequence. The way Reed lit Diana Rigg in that moment really makes Tracy come off the screen and underscore her importance.

Bizarre that Hunt and Reed never returned. Truest successors to Young and Ted Moore. Always felt OHMSS looked and felt most like TB.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Hilly's back for more but then everyday is OHMSS50...ahem

to start us off:

"Filthy habit"
Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna48

It's motherfucking Lazenby breaking the fourth wall.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna47

I find this a Young-esque shot. Dr No and FRWL both had women longingly checking out Bond as he walked away/passed. I love the shot of Bond coming off the stairs and striding. They say Connery moved like a panther, I think Lazenby had the same stride.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna49

"Get...dressed!"

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna50

I wish I could do a gif or know how to.

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna51
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 pm

echo, echo

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna54

New years!?

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna53

Broody Bond

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna52

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Vlcsna55
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm

I like that one of Bond staring out the window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service   Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Frames: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next