More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers

Go down 
+3
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Sarai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers Empty
PostSubject: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:50 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10720136/james-norton-tipped-next-james-bond/

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 4:14 pm

I, ah, no.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm

We'll see. The Sun is a dodgy source, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Sad world where the classification of a new Bond is physically fit, looks good in a dinner jacket. Whereas Lazenby gets past a doozy secretary, knocks 'em dead and then knocks out someone during a stunt fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Doubtful. Babs is probably holding onto the idea she can convince Craig to come back.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:19 am

It's a no from me.

You need someone with "piratical good looks" (I think that's a Flemingism), i.e. someone who can convey both charm and menace.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 am

CJB wrote:
It's a no from me.

You need someone with "piratical good looks" (I think that's a Flemingism), i.e. someone who can convey both charm and menace.

That's probably why my top 3 Bonds are Connery, Brosnan and Lazenby. Moore was almost there with the menace (especially in the 80s) and Dalton is almost there with the charm. Craig has no charm at all and menace is usually more juvenile than threatening.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 10:09 am

Hilly wrote:
Sad world where the classification of a new Bond is physically fit, looks good in a dinner jacket. Whereas Lazenby gets past a doozy secretary, knocks 'em dead and then knocks out someone during a stunt fight.

In fairness, wouldn't the 'physically fit, looks good in a dinner jacket' criteria have been considerations when casting all of 'em?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
CJB wrote:
It's a no from me.

That's probably why my top 3 Bonds are Connery, Brosnan and Lazenby. Moore was almost there with the menace (especially in the 80s) and Dalton is almost there with the charm. Craig has no charm at all and menace is usually more juvenile than threatening.

Ha! Broz has all the menace of a buttered rutabaga.

laugh

Last edited by Perilagu Khan on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 pm

I had to Google 'buttered rutabaga', Khanners.

The comparison will not please KKBB, methinks laugh .
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I had to Google 'buttered rutabaga', Khanners.

The comparison will not please KKBB, methinks laugh .  

Kevlar is my friend.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 am

I also had to Google 'buttered rutabaga' and it looks delicious.

I daresay you're paying Broz a compliment, Khanners!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
It's a no from me.

laugh

James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers Vlcsnap-2012-11-03-20h27m06s148
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
It's a no from me.

laugh

laugh

I laughed but isn't that true of everyone in Hollywood?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm

Doubtful. Babs is probably holding onto the idea she can convince Craig to come back.

Well I was right.

Variety wrote:
“I’m in total denial,” says Broccoli. "I’ve accepted what Daniel has said, but I’m still in denial. It’s too traumatic for me."

https://variety.com/2020/film/features/james-bond-no-time-to-die-barbara-broccoli-michael-wilson-1203466601/
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:18 am

When will they ever realize you need someone with experience and a personality of their own? It's like giving a high schooler King Lear and expecting it to have gravitas.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Sarai wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
It's a no from me.

laugh

laugh

I laughed but isn't that true of everyone in Hollywood?

Pretty much. We used to have Clint Eastwood, James Coburn and Charles Bronson; now we've got Shia Labouf, Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Outlander’s Sam Heughan on being next James Bond: “It’s not a no”

https://winteriscoming.net/2020/01/24/sam-heughan-next-james-bond-not-a-no/
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 pm

It's not a yes from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers   James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers Empty

Back to top Go down

James Norton hot favourite to be next James Bond after series of secret meetings with 007 producers
Page 1 of 1