More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Agents... Armed?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

British Agents... Armed?  Empty
PostSubject: British Agents... Armed?    British Agents... Armed?  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 am

The thought occurred to me on a particularly hot night as I tried to get to sleep.

Bond is a 00. Meaning, he has a licence to kill. Of Bond's British allies, why are Carter and Harris' Moneypenny armed? They aren't 00s and shouldn't carry weapons, let alone use them.

They get it right with Goodnight, Alec, Fields, Nomi and you could make a case for Miranda Frost, as she never uses a weapon while (we believe she's) on Bond's side.

Seems like sloppy writing or laziness, particularly in the case of SF. Always felt Moneypenny's 'origin' story was a bit left-of-centre... I can't believe it took this long to see why.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Agents... Armed?    British Agents... Armed?  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 am

Very good point. I always thought the nu-Moneypenny origin story was shit and unnecessary, but it never occurred to me that they were basically negating the whole 'licence to kill' designation.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: British Agents... Armed?    British Agents... Armed?  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 10:47 am

CJB wrote:
Very good point. I always thought the nu-Moneypenny origin story was shit and unnecessary
Yep, part of the reason why I think Eve would have worked better as a Bond girl and not as Moneypenny. Could even be that she loses her 00 status for shooting Bond. Or she steps down voluntarily. And it would also mean they wouldn't have to dress down Naomie Harris as they have been.

CJB wrote:
it never occurred to me that they were basically negating the whole 'licence to kill' designation.

Hilarious they ignore this in CR, directly after Bond earns his 00 number.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Agents... Armed?    British Agents... Armed?  Empty

Back to top Go down

British Agents... Armed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: