More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? Empty
PostSubject: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 am

I feel the only role she plays in helping Bond save the day, is that she doesn't want to sell her house and her land, after her father died, but I feel like there was a missed opportunity here. They could have wrote it so Zorin killed her father to try to get the land instead, which have been much better, rather than just have him die of natural causes, and the only thing at stake is her land instead.

Or am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 am

ironpony wrote:

Or am I wrong?

You are SO WRONG!

Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? Tumblr_mqbr53C0lV1r73u0co6_250

I think what makes Stacey so appealing to me is that she isn't motivated by revenge, like Tilly, Domino, Anya and Melina at the time. She's driven by her good character. Her land is meaningless when millions of lives are at stake, and she can help Bond in trying to prevent that. She doesn't need a death in the family to motivate her to do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 am

Well she doesn't need a death in the family but not wanting to sell her land is a weak motivation still I thought. You think that with Zorin's offer, she would have just taken the money, not knowing what he is up to. So it just seemed weak like she was way too proud of her house, rather than taking money and getting a better house.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:30 am

Her not wanting to sell her estate isn't her motivation. It's the circumstance that forces her into Zorin's scheme but she's resisting his tactics.

Her motivation to greater involvement in the situation is stopping the deaths of millions.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:33 am

But she didn't know the death of millions was going to happen until near the end of the movie though.  What's her motivation for getting involved and going all the way to France in the beginning and all that?  What's her motivation for getting a job at city hall to find out more about Zorin, since she has no idea that lives are at stake?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 am

She's not "getting involved" by going to France. She's getting dragged into the situation. From what we know, Zorin is offering to buy her out. We otherwise don't know the arrangement, or how he lured her to France.

Yes, she gets a job because she's trying to hold onto her house. She's not going to just give it up. Would you? And she doesn't get a job to find out more about Zorin. She gets the job to make ends meet because Zorin has drained her funds.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 am

Well asking me if I would sell a house Zorin is rich, so wouldn't he able to afford to buy me out for a lot more than the land is worth?  Or is Zorin not quite that rich?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 1:33 pm

But why would Stacey want to sell? Sentimental value can outweigh financial gain. Look to Ian Fleming's For Your Eyes Only, with the Havelocks unwilling to sell.

Actually, that just clicked. Did the filmmakers deliberately draw from Fleming's FYEO and Content for Stacey?
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 9:50 pm

What were the Havelock's not willing to sell in For Your Eyes Only? I haven't read the novel, just saw the movie.

Yeah I guess it's sentimental value :).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 am

Perhaps you should read the short story. Brand new material to nitpick. colgate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?   Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Stacey Sutton have had more stakes in the story?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: A View To A Kill (1985)-
Jump to: