More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

I'm going to be cheeky here. I won't do it for any other film, maybe, maybe not but for a film that I've had a love-hate relationship with, on the quiet I've managed to employ certain lines from this film into conversation without thinking.

1) She always did enjoy a good squeeze.

The most Moore-esque of Brosnan's GE one-liners.

2) That depends on your definition of safe sex.

and , Ouromov's shout

3) I am timing you!

---

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:28 am

Hmm, I do quite like:

"It keeps me alive." / "No, it keeps you alone."

Beautiful character moment so gorgeously filmed, acted and score.

"Someday you'll have to make good on your innuendos"

The key to this Moneypenny scene lies in that line. The sexual harassment line overshadows the rest, but she's saying Bond needs to act on the flirting. She's not resisting him - she's inviting him. And with the knowing glint in Samantha Bond's eyes makes it a welcome to return to the best of the 60s.

"I gave him the limp"
Humour and danger in equal parts, perfectly played by Brosnan.

Not sure the bottom two would be 'top 3' (the first absolutely is) but they're the ones that popped into mind first. GoldenEye has some great dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:02 pm

Excellent choices. I do like the limp line, Brosnan's expression seals the deal. For a film that has never sat terribly easily on my mind, it is one that is quite quotable. I used to imitate Ouromov for ages when I saw it as a kid (kid I was, I was, er 10).

"I am timing you!" he was an underrated actor. The expressions alone was worth the ticket.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:47 am

One of the finest villains in the series. His throwing down the food on the train, his look at Bond with the gas tanks, his entrance (with Serra's perfect cue!) in the PTS, his look to zealous killer Xenia at Severneya... As you say the reaction shots in the tank chase. Brilliant actor.

And yes, very quotable. One that pops into mind quite often (if someone steals something from a plate during a meal) I humorously recall 'Don't touch that! That's my lunch!'

'The pleasure was all mine' and its variants used in the film.

And of course 'who's strangling the cat?' colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:38 am

Oh you know, I actually quite often employ one of Anna's few lines: "he wouldn't know a woman if one came and syat on his hyead."

laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:19 am

Ha yes. When we watched it as kids, seem to remember shouting "I am invincible!" on the playground a few times (a few of us that is).
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Oh you know, I actually quite often employ one of Anna's few lines: "he wouldn't know a woman if one came and syat on his hyead."

laugh

And if said woman was Anna, poor chap would likely have suffocated long before he'd have got the chance to be frozen by liquid nitrogen.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySat May 02, 2020 12:46 am

I quote GE daily so it's impossible to just do three.

1. Every Boris line. Particularly the whole introduction sequence which I quote far too much.
2. Alec's speech when emerging in the statue park. Brilliant, dark, emotional, dripping with venom and rage and yet a particular cold detached regret. Bond's responses are equally emotional, betrayed, driven and unwavering.
3. Zukovsky or Wade probably.

Honorary mention: every scream of raging insults hurled at Natalya causing mission failed in GE 64.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySat May 02, 2020 9:59 am

hegottheboot wrote:

Honorary mention: every scream of raging insults hurled at Natalya causing mission failed in GE 64.

Abso-lutely. Used to go mad trying to get her through that level and she either gets killed or stuck on something. Somebody a couple of years ago did a live-action version parody. As always the only way to get through when she glitched was, er, shoot her.

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes EmptySat May 02, 2020 10:29 pm

GE 64: revolutionized gaming with its multiplayer but most fail to realize it's actually a take out your frustrations on Natalya simulator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes   Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Three Goldeneye Lines/Quotes
Page 1 of 1