More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Soundtrack Release set for November 13

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Soundtrack Release set for November 13 Empty
PostSubject: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 am

https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-soundtrack-cover-revealed/

Soundtrack Release set for November 13 NTTD-COVER-5X5-1000x1000

007.com wrote:
Decca Records have revealed the new album cover for Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack for No Time To Die, as well as a new release date for the record: 13th November 2020.

The soundtrack will include Billie Eilish’s title track No Time To Die, co-written (with brother Finneas O’Connell) and performed by Eilish, which topped the Official UK Singles Chart in its first week of release.

James Bond Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said: “Hans and his team have delivered an exceptional and emotional score for No Time To Die. It has been a privilege to work with this legendary composer on one of the best Bond soundtracks ever. Billie and FINNEAS have created a powerful and moving title song for our 25th movie.”

Director Cary Joji Fukunaga added: “I’m beyond excited that Hans scored No Time To Die. The music of Bond has always been iconic and I’ve already witnessed Hans adding his touch of genius to the Bond legacy.”

The film will have its theatrical release from 12th November in the UK and in the US from 20th November.

MGW calling it one of the best Bond scores ever? It better live up to it, or he is undermining the efforts of John Barry.

Good that the title song is included on the score. Not that I've heard it yet. Nice for the sake of completion.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Hope it’s better than the last two scores. Maybe it’s just me but I found the last two scores very forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am

I think QOS is the only true highlight of Craig era music. It's colourful, has an ethnic flavour and interesting motifs throughout. Skyfall has a handful of good cues (Komodo Dragon, Shanghai, Tennyson, Severine, etc.), and I only really took an interest in Donna Lucia and the Bond theme rendition in the SP PTS, but Thomas Newman was never a right fit for the series. In fact, more broadly speaking, I find him very overrated and quite limited across cinema. CR is forgettable also. It's too clinical and generic for Bond.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
In fact, more broadly speaking, I find him very overrated and quite limited across cinema.

Though I like his work on Bond, he has had better non-Bond scores throughout his career. I'd include his work on 1917 being better than both Bond scores.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 am

Eh... it doesn't do anything for me. I feel that you could take any of his tracks and overlay them into any movie he's composed and it wouldn't feel or sound any different. I'm not sure if it's a chord progression or something else, but he seems to create the same sound. Listening to the first half of The Night Window (I only listened to half), it reminds me of Road to Perdition and Revolutionary Road. Takes me right out of the moment.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm

We got a gun barrel!

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 am

Sounds fine to me!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 12:31 am

Started listening to it but stopped. Would prefer a surprise. Sounds like a new staple for Craig's is the creep in before the gun barrel actually begins?

Also, the soundtrack listing has been released for anyone who wants to have a look. I imagine there are spoilers in the track listing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Release set for November 13   Soundtrack Release set for November 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soundtrack Release set for November 13
Page 1 of 1