More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+8
tiffanywint
CJB
Harmsway
Fae
Lobelia Overhill
Largo's Shark
Vesper
Salomé
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Game of Thrones - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 am

This is on my list of shows that I want to check out. Not extremely high on the list, but Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance, and power struggles might bring me to endure the fantasy genre once.

Though I am aware that apparently one of those guys is no longer among the living.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 am

I wish it were on Netflix Instant, because I refuse to return to mailing DVDs when it comes to TV shows. I actually saw the first couple of episodes last year when a friend came over with the DVD set. It was actually pretty damn good. Very character driven, and lots of sex.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 am

Andy Greenwald has mentioned a similar sentiment to yours Vesper. The show does not work very well in episodic form, the seasons need to be viewed in their entirety to fully appreciate the narratives. Hence why you probably find it more enjoyable to consume it in marathon viewings.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 am

Salomé wrote:
Andy Greenwald has mentioned a similar sentiment to yours Vesper. The show does not work very well in episodic form, the seasons need to be viewed in their entirety to fully appreciate the narratives. Hence why you probably find it more enjoyable to consume it in marathon viewings.

A number of shows seem to be going in that long-form narrative direction. Beyond just being serialized. I kind of like it if it's a good show, and if, as with HOUSE OF CARDS, the whole season is released at once.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:08 am

I thought Sean Bean was pretty terrible in this. It was like he was sleepwalking. I think his absence in the second season (and increased Michelle Fairley, Charles Dance, along with the Carice Van Houten storyline) improves the show.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:53 pm

The latest episode.

Dany is a motherfucking BAMF.

Quote :
Big problem for me remains the fact that there's too many damned storylines. It's not that I can't follow, but you basically end up with a paltry amount of exposure per character, per episode. I haven't read the books so I don't know if there's a way to streamline it all without pissing off purists.

I feel you'd lose a great deal if you cut stuff out - in saying that there are moments in there that aren't in the books but they in their own way add to developing the other characters like Varys/Olenna Tyrell in the show not appearing in the books and other things like that. So far they are doing a pretty good job and I really think the issue lies in that Martin keeps introducing all these things - until you see how ASOIAF ends I feel it would be unwise to steamline it too much.

Thrones is a show that was made for marathons - 3 episode goes are always enough to further the plot and keep things going.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 am

Just finished my dvd set of season 2. What a great show. Yes it does work better when you can watch the episodes in a handful of sittings, otherwise its real easy to forget what's going on.
I don't know if I can wait for S3 dvd set. I'd really like to see how Dragon Mother and her babies are doing. I am hoping that she gets the iron throne.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Tiff, season 3 is halfway through - only 5 more episodes to go so you wouldn't have to wait too long to complete it all.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:09 am

Fae wrote:
Tiff, season 3 is halfway through - only 5 more episodes to go so you wouldn't have to wait too long to complete it all.
Thanks Fae! Good to know. I hear Dragon Mother is doing well this season. Good for her. I really like those loyal baby dragons and Mom's plucky attitude.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:48 am

Charles Dance/Tywin remains the best character on the show.

Though Natalie Dormer/Maergery, along with the growing complexity of Cersei and Jamie are catching up. Dianna Rigg is good but like the roles of Varys, Baelish and Tyrion it is such a hammy part you can't get invested in it.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:08 am

Vesper wrote:

Though Natalie Dormer/Maergery, along with the growing complexity of Cersei and Jamie are catching up. Dianna Rigg is good but like the roles of Varys, Baelish and Tyrion it is such a hammy part you can't get invested in it.

This is all very interesting Vesper, but you do have the advantage clearly of having viewed S3. The Dormer/Maergery subplot yes looks intriguing. That was a rather fortunate turn of events she achieved at the end of S2, landing new status as bride of the brat-king.
Please, if people want to discuss S3 spoilers, I think that's perfectly fair, once the episodes have aired. This is a Thrones chat thread afterall. Nothing wrong with keeping it au courant.
"get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ...." to borrow from Planet of the Apes.
Game of Thrones - Page 3 Natalie-dormer-anne-bolyn-margaery-tyrell-tudors-game-of-thrones
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 4:13 am

Holy crap. Didn't realise that old lady was played Dianna Rigg.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:58 am

I like Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy as Westeros' own Grumpy Old Men.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:49 am

Salomé wrote:
I like Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy as Westeros' own Grumpy Old Men.

Jorah is more interesting by virtue of having something other than a fantasy staple to play off. I enjoy the brinkmanship there as well with Jorah trying to suss out exactly what Barristan knows about his complicity in the plot to assassinate Daenerys way back in season one, and Barristan kind of slowly trying to place himself above Jorah in the pecking order.

tiffanywint wrote:
Vesper wrote:

This is all very interesting Vesper, but you do have the advantage clearly of having viewed S3. The Dormer/Maergery subplot yes looks intriguing. That was a rather fortunate turn of events she achieved at the end of S2, landing new status as bride of the brat-king.
Please, if people want to discuss S3 spoilers, I think that's perfectly fair, once the episodes have aired. This is a Thrones chat thread afterall. Nothing wrong with keeping it au courant.
"get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ...." to borrow from Planet of the Apes.
Game of Thrones - Page 3 Natalie-dormer-anne-bolyn-margaery-tyrell-tudors-game-of-thrones

I never saw The Tudors, but I'm slowly becoming a fan. She was good in the first season of SILK (never understood why they dropped the pupil storyline, it was a nice way to flesh out the world of the show). She's pretty marvellous here, and does a really good job with the role. If nothing else she's an enjoyable screen presence.

(Though she works best as a blonde)

Quote :

Age has not been kind.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:14 am

Vesper wrote:

Quote :

Age has not been kind.

Lazenby still looks like he can pull the bitches. Guess he gets the last laugh.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:34 am

CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Quote :

Age has not been kind.

Lazenby still looks like he can pull the bitches. Guess he gets the last laugh.

Karma for all that garlic.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:04 am

Rigg is really making the role her own, to the point where I doubt even Maggie Smith could have improved upon the performance.

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Last episode stank. Total clunker. I don't even think it really set much up for the future based off my knowledge of the books.

Probably a testament to how the quality of the show has improved when, in season one, George RR Martin's teleplay was amongst the better hours, and this stunk to high heaven. Lots of dull conversation about sex.

(And the scene where Maergery pimped Tyrion's sex skills to Sansa was just pathetic. Moreso when you consider Tyrion is acknowledge by Martin to be his author avatar)

Best moment of the show was the bear scene with Lannister and Brienne. Apparently cut and pasted into this episode from another.

I bet Alan Sepinwall and the ilk of TV 'recappers' out there creamed their pants over it of course.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:13 am

Rob's wife's arse redeemed the episode.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:52 pm

This weeks episode was considerably better.
I doubt it was a coincidence it also limited itself to three or so locations.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 am

This week's episode was all sunshine and roses.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 am

I assume you're referring to "The Rains Of Castamere".

Bit of an abortion if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Halfway through s1 - another from the cobwebbed DVD pile.

Normally I hate this stuff, but cunt and tits can turn the soundest mind.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Probably my favorite quote from that first season:

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:29 am

Just finished S1. So far Tyrion is my favourite character, but I admire a show which dares to end with a woman mothering dragons. So silly, it's off the scale. A favourite moment for me:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next