More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Savalas anecdote

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

Savalas anecdote Empty
PostSubject: Savalas anecdote   Savalas anecdote EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 5:00 pm

So i was recently watching one of the Sky arts "discovering" series in which you get a short biography of a particular actor, Telly savalas was featured and the narrator told an interesting anecdote which i thought i might share here.
Telly who was an established actor of course, found out that "new boy" George lazenby was being paid more than he was which diden't sit well with savalas, so instead of making a huge fuss he devised a plan to level the playing field by inviting Lazenby to a game of poker knowing that the youngster was a bit "green around the gills".
Savalas apparently took Lazenby to the cleaners, Harry saltzman found out about the "ploy" and was furious with Savalas and demanded the chance to win back Lazenbys money, which he did with great success. Savalas was left with egg on his face.....Tell me Blofeld..do you play any other games? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Savalas anecdote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savalas anecdote   Savalas anecdote EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am

Never knew that! Thanks for sharing. Did you know Savalas was in a long term relationship with one of his Angels of Death?
Back to top Go down

Savalas anecdote
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)-
Jump to: