More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

DAF: Worlds That Weren't

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

DAF: Worlds That Weren't Empty
PostSubject: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Looking at wiki for DAF (to remind myself of its anniversary date for 2021) I found myself reading about pre-production or whatnot. So I figured I'd lump into a single thread, all the what ifs and what might have been.

Wiki mentions what we and I know along the way, that work started on a Lazenby DAF with OHMSS still in cinemas. Maibum apparently sitting down and starting to sketch out the film. Hunt on the OHMSS DVD said about how the PTS of DAF would essentially be OHMSS from the wedding to Tracy being shot and boom...

What I don't know is true, is that Maibum had Draco returning. Furthermore a scene where he mourns, Bond and the song is playing (something that made me wince...though in execution it might have been potent).

Another what if mentioned, is that Eastwood, Adam West (and of course Burt Reynolds) were offered the role. Something I didn't know. I read West was asked for OHMSS and declined on saying that Bond was British etc.

Anyway, as with most things, these what ifs intrigued. So, quite. There must be something, however slight, about DAF with Lazenby beyond the obvious (Bond out for revenge).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 1:08 am

Which song would be playing at the mourning scene?
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 am

Many rumors get reported as fact sadly. And only more recent self published books have started revealing reality instead of eon approved stories.

Burt Reynolds was a UA choice for box office and apparently Hamilton thought he could possibly be ok.
Adam West was probably on some short lists but not exactly considered. Many people were considered that haven’t been mentioned. Even Eric Braeden in a recent interview said he met with Cubby around this time and was considered until Cubby realized he was German and not English!
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 am

This should be of interest.....Peter purves (yes the Blue peter guy) 1967 ROTFLMAO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_considered_for_the_James_Bond_character
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 2:59 pm

CJB wrote:
Which song would be playing at the mourning scene?

It says We Have All the Time in the World.

I'm not sure how it'd have worked considering.

Eric Braeden? Hmm. I still know him more for Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo. Oddly, I could see West as Bond. Well, sometimes in Batman his Bruce Wayne was a dapper chap. At least he tangled with Lee Merriwether.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAF: Worlds That Weren't   DAF: Worlds That Weren't Empty

Back to top Go down

DAF: Worlds That Weren't
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Diamonds Are Forever (1971)-
Jump to: