More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne

Go down 
+9
Seve
bitchcraft
CJB
Vesper
MOO7RE
Control
MBalje
Chang
danslittlefinger
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Kennon wrote:
Come to think of it, Bourne IS a codename, unlike Bond, so the Renner flick could get away with it. If the audience is willing to follow that reasoning.

True. Although I think Gilroy has confirmed that the hero of THE BOURNE LEGACY (played, presumably, by Renner) won't be using the Jason Bourne alias.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Renner could so easily pass for a Damon clone, though, so I hope Gilroy finds some very clear ways to differentiate the characters.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 pm

I know what you mean about Renner being a Damon clone - they do look kinda similar (ish).

Regardless, though, does there really need to be any clear differentiation between Damon's Bourne and Renner's character? I don't really mind if Renner basically ends up playing Damon's Bourne by another name. I don't really enjoy these films for the Bourne character so much as for the atmosphere, suspense and action - I find them to be extremely well-crafted entertainments, but there's nothing really all that compelling about Bourne in and of himself when you get right down to it. Still, Damon always gives a very good performance in these flicks, which I'm sure Renner will also do. Whether or he not provides a markedly different lead character to Damon's Bourne is, for me, neither here nor there as long as he's good and the film is also good.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Loomis wrote:
Regardless, though, does there really need to be any clear differentiation between Damon's Bourne and Renner's character?
For this Bourne-without-Bourne thing to work for me, there does.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:44 pm

If there's really a plot to replace Bourne I (Damon) with Bourne II (Renner) it would make sense if the latter resembles the former.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne   Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Renner is the new Jason Bourne
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2