More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Martin Campbell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

Martin Campbell Empty
PostSubject: Martin Campbell   Martin Campbell EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi guys, just letting you know about a book on Martin Campbell I've wrote a couple of months ago, all about his career from Criminal Law to The Foreigner, plus a small chapter on the little we know about his beginnings.

Martin Campbell The-Filmsof-Martin-Campbell-Mockup-Paperback

https://mcampbellfilms.wixsite.com/martincampbellfilms/purchase

Feel free to use this thread to talk about his career, to me he's a sublime director, enjoyed everything he made, even Green Lantern. It think it really looks good overall, despite the script not being satisfying enough.
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Martin Campbell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martin Campbell   Martin Campbell EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:59 am

Interesting! Thanks for letting us know!

Campbell for me is a little inconsistent. GE and The Mask of Zorro are his two best films, followed by The Foreigner which needed a little more focus on its story. The Legend of Zorro is a bit of fun but the script is so poorly written that any of Campbell's visual flourishes can't enhance it beyond what it is. Edge of Darkness was forgettable and then there's, well, CR06, which isn't just a bad film, but an infuriating one. Haven't seen Green Lantern or Vertical Limit yet, though I recall watching a lot of interviews with one of the Aussie writers on it who vented about how much of his work kept being rewritten.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Martin Campbell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martin Campbell   Martin Campbell EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:29 am

Ryan Reynolds gets a dig in at Green Lantern in the first Deadpool, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Martin Campbell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martin Campbell   Martin Campbell Empty

Back to top Go down

Martin Campbell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: