More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Battle of the Bonds!

Go down 
5 posters

Which is better?
"No hard feelings Mr Bond... Soon you'll feel nothing at all"
Battle of the Bonds! Vote_lcap100%Battle of the Bonds! Vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
"Die trying to save her, or live with the pain"
Battle of the Bonds! Vote_lcap0%Battle of the Bonds! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Battle of the Bonds! Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:59 am

Ever since the first viewing of SP, I felt this moment was ripped directly from TWINE. Bond faces a villain behind bulletproof glass, a bomb is activated and Bond has to escape.

Which is better?

Battle of the Bonds! Renard

Battle of the Bonds! Spectr10
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Renard.

Only thing that ever bugged me was how long it took for the bullet to hit the glass.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 1:44 am

I hadn't even made the connection but it's definitely there. No contest. The first you actually feel, the second you're just praying for the damn thing to be over.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 pm

It will come as no surprise that I'm in the TWINE camp, too. So much more efficiently executed. It looks better, the lift rising to reveal Renard's finger pointing to the bomb, and the situation looks impossible, given that we saw Bond arriving and it's so far down.

But also the set up. Bond infiltrates the facility which is so pivotal to Elektra's plan succeeding. Brofeld initiating the demolition of an already destroyed building has no emotional resonance or narrative importance. Why would Brofeld even go there, of all places? He could have easily faked his death from his base blowing up. Renard, however, has a reason to be in Kazakhstan and there's a much more unique reason to kick start an action sequence than to 'save the girl'--- and a girl who doesn't really love Bond for that matter (and vice versa).
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 11:24 am

No real problem with either sequence. It's a pity about the visible padding/fireproofing stuff down the back of Bond's boiler suit as he throws himself to the ground after the 'chain ride' in the TWINE one, though.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Renard. Has enough. The smug expression followed by the pointing finger. Brosnan's pissed face. An Arnold track and all followed by Brosnan Sprint to safety.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 am

Hilly wrote:
Brosnan's pissed face. An Arnold track and all followed by Brosnan Sprint to safety.

Quite. A leading man with presence and a composer who understands the series he's composing for makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 9:16 pm

Remember seeing the TWINE trailer when going to see Phantom Menace for my birthday. My memory is they primarily used Brosnan's flight to safety ("CLOSE THE DOOR!") and what with the music as well, I was fidgeting with excitement.

Now, I tend to avoid the trailers and whatever for NTTD. Like Venkman said, if anything's going to happen, I want it to happen to me first.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am

Heh, I remember going to see Alien : Resurrection and being pissed off that the sole trailer before it ... was for fucking Spiceworld : The Movie.

Really, trailer dudes? REALLY?!? You're deciding on the trailer to go before the latest instalment in a sci-fi/horror/action franchise and you conclude that there's a more of a 'crossover' between its audience and some piece of fluffy girl-band cash-in bollocks than there would be with Tomorrow Never Dies?

facepalm
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Ouch, I say bad luck. You know you can stay on the SPICEWORLD bus now? I digress.

At least you didn't have what I did during Phantom, woman took her shoes off and put her bastard feet on the chair next to me. Turned to my left and there they were.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 11:32 am

Oh, don't get me started on people treating the cinema like they're sitting in their living room. My fear is that with the amount of home viewing that's gone on due to lockdown, these habits will have worsened come the reopening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bonds!   Battle of the Bonds! Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Bonds!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Fan Area-
Jump to: